Quentin Tarantino Would Love To Direct A Star Trek Movie

Nah, we don't need truly great directors wasting their precious time inside franchises.

We already had Christopher Nolan throw away a decade to that silly crap.

I love it if he never directs or involves himself in movies ever again. He is overrated.

Good god, can you imagine Tarantino's trademark inane dialogue among characters living in the 24th century?

"You know what they call a quarter pounder with cheese in the Klingon empire? A gagh with cheese."

1f2977c5b4414030be9e56918dec61449a9adc57.jpg

I find all of his movies start off great then take a dumb bizarre left turn where he tries to be too weird, or the ending is ruined.
Kill bill2: anti climatic end scene.
Pulp fiction: weird rape scene that didnt add to the plot
Some movie: chick with an ak47 for a leg...
His movies are largely miss for me, although i loved reservoir dogs.

Pass.
If there's a genre that's wedded to a coherent three act structure, it's sci fi.

I find all of his movies start off great then take a dumb bizarre left turn where he tries to be too weird, or the ending is ruined.
he didn't make the AK47 leg movie. it was part of some grind house thing where they showed 2 back to back movies. his was about some serial killer sound driver.

but yeah I generally agree with u. you dont have to watch his stuff though.

he didn't make the AK47 leg movie. it was part of some grind house thing where they showed 2 back to back movies. his was about some serial killer sound driver.

but yeah I generally agree with u. you dont have to watch his stuff though.

I typically dont but some of his movies are overall okay if you can ignore the random twist his sense of dialogue and how he focuses on suntle points similar to how kohn wick movies were, are his talents.

Kirk "Who didn't tip?!"

Spock "McCoy...he doesn't believe in it."

No thanks. Every single one of his movies have been a Tarantino movie. It wouldn't be right for him to take some other property and turn it into a Tarantino movie.
Jackie brown is based on Elmore Leonard's rum punch so no not every single one has been a Tarantino movie

I guess it would be better if he directed one than if he 'acted' in one.

I think he'd be much better suited to Bond personally although doing his own rival spy film would likely give a superior result, maybe staring Idris Elba? ;)

I spose you could argue he does do tension well which might suit a return of Meyer style "cold war submarine" Trek.

Nah, we don't need truly great directors wasting their precious time inside franchises.

We already had Christopher Nolan throw away a decade to that silly crap.

tbf he did get one good film and one very good film out of that franchise. It's not like he's an old man and every film could be his last.

Heres an idea

Dont watch

Crazy, i know

It is not a crazy idea. If they let him direct, I wont watch it. His only watchable movie is the Kill Bill series, and pulp fiction. After that he just became very pretentious and full of himself.

He thinks he is better than he really is and expects everyone to be awed by his awkwardness.

Jackie brown is based on Elmore Leonard's rum punch so no not every single one has been a Tarantino movie

It is distinctively his, just like Django and Inglorious Bastards, which were based on older source material.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back