Quentin Tarantino or Christopher Nolan?

?

• Total voters
My two favorite directors of all time.

Honestly, can't vote this time.

you could argue that's a good thing, but it also shows he hasn't really matured as a film maker.

Oh man,i totally disagree. Kill Bill wasnt like anything like Jackie Brown that came before it.

Bloodsimple was awesome, what a fuckin weird movie.

Oh man,i totally disagree. Kill Bill wasnt like anything like Jackie Brown that came before it.

I don't mean the story........but QT has a very particular style in his films ie the cinematography, the music, the dialogue etc etc. It is not necessarily a bad thing, but it would interesting to see him move from his comfort zone. When he was going to do a Star Trek film, that intrigued me more than his recent efforts.

QT is one of the true masters of filmmaking.
Nolan is good but(BRAAAAHHHHHMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I find most of his films(BRAAAAHHHHHMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I think he comes up just a bit shy of(BRAAAAHHHHHMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Cant stand QT. His twists are juat too much.

In kill bill the bride kills 4829 people at once. Sure...
In pulp fiction everything is great then theres a pointless mouth gag and a rape scene that doesnt really fit in the movie. K...

IB is too non real for something that was real.

His dialogue always comes off as a try hard lile he always has some underlying important point that typically goes nowhere.

Meh.

In pulp fiction everything is great then theres a pointless mouth gag and a rape scene that doesnt really fit in the movie. K...

That was about forgiveness and compassion and moving on with ones life bro. Butch and Marcellus are probably going to kill each other then they end up in some dudes basement. Marcellus is getting assraped, and Butch knocks out a gimp and is free to escape from both assrape and Marcellus. But he puts the past behind him and risks saving Marcellus from more assrape. Afterwards, Marcellus too puts everything behind him and forgives Butch (kinda), and they both move on with their lives. Perhaps bonded forever over the shared hardship. We can all relate to that in some way. At least, we can learn.

That was about forgiveness and compassion and moving on with ones life bro. Butch and Marcellus are probably going to kill each other then they end up in some dudes basement. Marcellus is getting assraped, and Butch knocks out a gimp and is free to escape from both assrape and Marcellus. But he puts the past behind him and risks saving Marcellus from more assrape. Afterwards, Marcellus too puts everything behind him and forgives Butch (kinda), and they both move on with their lives. Perhaps bonded forever over the shared hardship. We can all relate to that in some way. At least, we can learn.

Well said. I remember reading a paper some professor wrote about Pulp Fiction years ago and one point he made that I thought was cool was that one of the most formative events in Butch's life was hearing that speech from Walken's character and receiving the father's gold watch. The watch, though a family heirloom, could also be seen as symbolic of the camaraderie and loyalty between those forced to endure a horrific situation together, as Butch's dad and Koons did as POWs. Koons carried on Butch's dad's mission even though it was an extremely difficult (to say the least) thing to do out of respect toward him. Butch and Wallace improbably find themselves in their own horrific scenario. When Butch can escape Maynard's shop, he hesitates and goes back, determined to help Marcellus (whom he has no affinity for) because he does not want him to suffer that fate. He goes from having been a moment away from shooting the guy in the head to saving him. Butch basically exemplifies that leave no man behind mentality that his dad and Koons showed as well.

just an opinion, obviously film is a matter of preference

QT is more consistent across his filmography while nolan gives higher highs and lower lows
nolan's a little more meta in his subtext while QT is pure homage.

fan of both. giving it to nolan. that's my guy.

i think tarantino tries too hard to be stylish and (his version of) cool

I only really "love" a few movies from each guy. The rest they've made range from shit to meh.

I love how Nolan is so insistent on using film instead of digital, and refuses to use CGI as much as possible. That's such a rare thing nowadays.

Basically for me, it comes down to Pulp Fiction / Django Unchained vs Batman Begins / The Dark Knight / Inception.

Tough call.....

That probably could have been done without the gag and rape. Theres a dozen other things he could have done.

That probably could have been done without the gag and rape. Theres a dozen other things he could have done.
5_trucs_pas_trop_gras____commander_au_mcdo_3311_north_640x322_transparent.gif

Nolan destroys Tarantino

but there are a lot of tarantino fanboys here who love how "edgy" tarantino is so I expect him to win the poll here.

but if you look at the quality and complexity of the actual films, Nolan is just 10x more talented than quentin.

just an opinion, obviously film is a matter of preference

QT is more consistent across his filmography while nolan gives higher highs and lower lows
nolan's a little more meta in his subtext while QT is pure homage.

fan of both. giving it to nolan. that's my guy.

Can you explain why you think Nolan gives higher highs? Because I said exactly the opposite lol.

To me one of the most impactful scenes of all time is the the scene in the German bar from Inglorious Bastards. It has everything that is great in movies and will always stick with me.

Nolan destroys Tarantino

but there are a lot of tarantino fanboys here who love how "edgy" tarantino is so I expect him to win the poll here.

but if you look at the quality and complexity of the actual films, Nolan is just 10x more talented than quentin.

I disagree. $10 says you would much rather rewatch a tarinoto film than Nolan film.

Nolan destroys Tarantino

This is exactly how I feel. Tarantino tries too hard to be edgy, and his work is super derivative. "IT'S AN HOMAGE" lmao half the time it's blatant plagiarism. Tarantino is the Led Zeppelin of film.

Nolan (bullshit Batman films aside, fight me) has been a visionary in the industry.

This is exactly how I feel. Tarantino tries too hard to be edgy, and his work is super derivative. "IT'S AN HOMAGE" lmao half the time it's blatant plagiarism. Tarantino is the Led Zeppelin of film.

Nolan (bullshit Batman films aside, fight me) has been a visionary in the industry.

Led Zepelin is the best band of all time though....

Led Zepelin is the best band of all time though....

False.

They stole so much material. It's actually fucking wild how much of their material was blatantly stolen.

Back