Official Quake Champions Thread

deviake

Otsego Amigo
@Silver
Reaction score
"Official"

<36>

But seriously, here's some info for those interested. I'll update it from time-to-time.

Beta signup:

https://quake.bethesda.net/en/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/quake-champions-aims-to-reclaim-the-series-competi/1100-6442573/

You can create a custom mode and turn off Champion abilities if you so desire.

"Yes, people associate "champions" immediately with [MOBAs], which I understand. That's why, especially at QuakeCon, I really tried to focus on [the idea that] it's the pure arena multiplayer game, with Champions as an additive thing. I really do believe it adds to the experience, because you don't fundamentally change the way you play based on the Champion you have. You still run and shoot and pick up all the weapons. But the subtle variations add that level of strategy and depth that I think is the next step that we need to take."

Would you shy away from being associated with so-called "hero shooters?"

"No, because I actually think the hero shooter is a natural evolution of this genre. Gamers have evolved; they've become much more advanced. We've found that gamers like to associate themselves with a particular character or group or class, and then they can grow that character and they can play with that character. I don't think it's necessarily a right turn away from the pure FPS genre. I think it's an evolution of the overall genre."

Have you guys learned any lessons from other modern shooters? Have you looked to games like Overwatch?

"Oh, yeah, of course--especially for balancing. Changing anything in Quake and having people be able to play different Champions brings this whole level of balancing into play. We're definitely looking at how other games balance. Our balancing isn't going to be drastically more difficult because, fundamentally, you're still playing Quake."

E3 2016 Trailer:

Gameplay trailer:

Sorlag, Galena, Anarki, and Clutch (as pulled from a youtube comment in the first video):

2878368-quake-champions-gamescom-images-5.jpg

3104925-quake_champions_quakecon_2016_1_1470331151.png

Quake-Champions-GamesCom-Images-9.jpg

Feel free to share any info and sources, etc.

Updated:

Some gameplay

Update: 4/27/17

Slash

Last edited:
After what they did with Doom, I am extremely excited about this.

First character Nyx:

Updated:

All Quake Champions videos (playlist):

Last edited:
Whoops. Didnt know there was already a thread. Cant wait for this game.

Whoops. Didnt know there was already a thread. Cant wait for this game.
Sa'll good brother, and neither can I. I signed up for the beta a little bit ago.

hmmm thiis looks good

but still wish they were just bring back Quake 1

I think this game looks dope, but since it's a multiplayer shooter and I have neither the time nor desire to get good at it, and don't want to be called a "cuck" all day by angry losers, I'll probably have to pass.

Unless I missed somewhere that there is a SP campaign for it.

Let's see if they have the balls to make a proper Quake game in this current climate of pussies. The fact that they haven't ruled out releasing this game on consoles concerns me, Quake isn't playable on consoles.

Let's see if they have the balls to make a proper Quake game in this current climate of pussies. The fact that they haven't ruled out releasing this game on consoles concerns me, Quake isn't playable on consoles.
Everything I ready said PC only. Did they change their mind?

hmmm thiis looks good

but still wish they were just bring back Quake 1
If they do that I'd like an extensive single player campaign.

I'm eagerly awaiting to see what other weapons there's going to be. The BFG is a given, but I want to see a plasma gun, grenade launcher, and mini-gun. At the very least a grenade launcher, and maybe something new.

looks like they have the balls plus some extra...

a quake game needs-
rocket jumps
nail guns, both slow and fast
a lightning gun of some kind
weird lovecraftian monsters
BROWN CASTLES!

a quake game needs-
rocket jumps
nail guns, both slow and fast
a lightning gun of some kind
weird lovecraftian monsters
BROWN CASTLES!
This has all that but the last two. I concur though, I want to see those elements of the original in the new Quakes.

It looks like that's the case.

I wouldn't be too concerned about it coming to consoles - all the last ones did eventually.

Edit:

It looks faster than Quake III, or at the very least on par.

Oh ohh, I feel a tingle...

This has all that but the last two. I concur though, I want to see those elements of the original in the new Quakes.

i loathe the q2 and on style choices of "strogg" and all that BS. give me an archaic setting with space knights and a gothic rocket arena and i'll buy it every year. The rockets and nail guns never "felt" the same after quake 1 and the game lost its "impact" with the weaponry, no gun after q1 really felt satisfying to use. The creepy, tense atmosphere of the sky castles and the sound fx that went along with each enemy (fuck those leaping monsters and the spider vore things!) are so much more interesting then the cyber alien stuff in quake 3 and 4. i never understood why they went in the direction it did, mainly because it seemed no one else really cared for the changes either (but they still played it because at its heart, the quake engines have always been well made).

can you tell quake 1 holds a special place in my heart?

i loathe the q2 and on style choices of "strogg" and all that BS. give me an archaic setting with space knights and a gothic rocket arena and i'll buy it every year. The rockets and nail guns never "felt" the same after quake 1 and the game lost its "impact" with the weaponry, no gun after q1 really felt satisfying to use. The creepy, tense atmosphere of the sky castles and the sound fx that went along with each enemy (fuck those leaping monsters and the spider vore things!) are so much more interesting then the cyber alien stuff in quake 3 and 4. i never understood why they went in the direction it did, mainly because it seemed no one else really cared for the changes either (but they still played it because at its heart, the quake engines have always been well made).

can you tell quake 1 holds a special place in my heart?
I started on Quake II so I have fond memories of it, however after getting into Quake 1 I see why you and others hold that opinion. I now prefer the style of the first after having played it, if nothing else for its originality. A war with cyber space monsters isn't a terribly new or unique idea, whereas I feel Quake 1 brought something different to the table.

To this day I've never played Quake 4. I've never been interested.

I appreciate your passion by the way, haha, I really do.

They need to remake this and all the side story's . This was the story they showed have used

the love crafty quake

Back