Q for the veteran fans, has there been a bigger fight than Conor vs Khabib?

Moral Victory

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I've been watching mma since like 2006-2007 but UFC only since like 2013.

And considering all the build up with Conor going completely bananas with the dolly and the bus, and his fame and notoriety and Khabibs record and just brutal determination and style.

I'm wondering if there ever was something close to this in the past, that at the time felt on similar level as the anticipation is now for this one.

UFC "Stacked" back in the day was the most stacked MMA card ever of all time.

I believe Tito Vs. Rashad evans was the main event

How do you watch MMA from 2006 to 2013 without watching the UFC?

UFC 100, Cain vs Brock, Rampage vs Rashad, GSP vs Diaz, even Brock vs DC is more hyped.

This is probably one of the least hyped Conor fights outside of Dollygate. People just barely found out who Khabib was, and he doesn't play into Conor's PR game that well.

There were lots. Liddell vs Wand, Silva vs Belford, Machida vs Rua II, all had that BIG fight feel

How do you watch MMA from 2006 to 2013 without watching the UFC?
I only followed CroCop and I suppose fedor, but I did watch strikeforce also, then I somehow fell into watching UFC, first one outside of YouTube could be silva Weidman 1.

There are some you could argue that were bigger. I would definitely say Bj/GSP 2 for sure. DC/Jones 2 was huge IMO.

Despite how indignant a lot of people are about to get though, I would say that yes this is one of the bigger fights the UFC has ever done.

Chuck and Rampage was pretty huge. This is definitely up there though.

Crocop vs Fedor
Chuck vs Randy III

.. that's all I've got off the top of my head.

Bigger fights or fights just as big to people that are inside the MMA bubble.

Gotta wait until at least fight week to gauge how big it will be outside of the bubble.

Back