PWDCast 1: Nope

For serious, I would like this to be successful. We've talked about this stuff before. I kinda didn't want to host it since I'm so strapped for time in general, but I'll help out any way I can.

I do have some very strong suggestions to consider:

It would probably be best format to have 2-3 or so specific hosts (maybe two for the primary discussion, and one person who has a specific segment they do), and then open up a call-in segment.

And like I said before, having a format ... even just as basic as like: 10 minutes of WWE weekly tv recap / discussion, 5 minutes of NJPW / TNA / ROH / US indies combined (just major headlines, maybe a segment of discussion for major NJPW / ROH news), 3 minute WWE major event predictions / recap discussion, 2 minute classic event review (First War Games, and/or first Survivor Series would have been great this month, or whatever), 5 minutes of call-ins (maybe up to 8 if a convo gets good), up to 5 minutes for indirectly-related wrestling news (Xpac getting busted at the border, Kamala's in the hospital, WWE 2K18 patch broke the game, etc, etc) ... this way if the call-in segment runs long by a couple minutes you're only cutting out fluff, to keep it at a tight 30 minutes.

I don't even know how you were doing it, but did you actually need people to appear on camera ? I really would suggest something like doing it on Skype, let people appear on camera or not as they choose.
We never even started it because nobody was watching. I do not have the time or commitment to start a real wrestling podcast but I can run post show reactions of major WWE PPVs. We would probably only do it once a month because there is one WWE PPV a month generally. I just had it so that people could either join the YouTube live chat to ask questions however they please, or they could join into the video chat and everyone could get their opinions across.

If nobody showed up at all then putting up a number will not change anything. We had 4 viewers that didn't respond to my chats, so it would have been me talking solo about Survivor Series, I am not the PWD so me just giving my thoughts and calling it the PWDCast would have been lame

Remember when you said that nobody would come on to my podcast and then a day later, nobody went on yours?...

<{Heymansnicker}>

<Dany07>

With all due respect, how did Botchfist end up in charge of this? Why did you try to do it just all of a sudden at the end of the PPV without any actual planning? You have besmirched the good name of the PWD, sir!

Back