PWDCast 1: Nope

Well this is about to become classic Botchfish isn't it...

This thread is about to be scrubbed from history

The Spanky Call In Show superior to the Botchfish Hour Live confirmed.

You people really did a podcast?
Ooof, and the internet takes another L

Should of cut a promo on the PWD being too scared to show up.

Oh.

My competing podcast is gracious enough to offer some tips for when this one does get up and running: unless I missed something, you want to have a structure. Real radio shows - which you'll notice basically share format with podcasts - have their shows timed out to the second.

Which of course some frands doing it for shits and gigs, aren't going to do - but, there needs to be some structure. And, no, "first half ppv recap and discussion, second half shootin' the shit" is not a structure.

should have just gone solo and let us live chat on youtube

put a google voice number up and let people call in

should have just gone solo and let us live chat on youtube

put a google voice number up and let people call in
If nobody showed up at all then putting up a number will not change anything. We had 4 viewers that didn't respond to my chats, so it would have been me talking solo about Survivor Series, I am not the PWD so me just giving my thoughts and calling it the PWDCast would have been lame

If nobody showed up at all then putting up a number will not change anything. We had 4 viewers that didn't respond to my chats, so it would have been me talking solo about Survivor Series, I am not the PWD so me just giving my thoughts and calling it the PWDCast would have been lame
BotchCast it is

One of those viewers were me but I wasn't actually there. I forgot I was in there

im down to do one if others are, just gotta get the heads up

For serious, I would like this to be successful. We've talked about this stuff before. I kinda didn't want to host it since I'm so strapped for time in general, but I'll help out any way I can.

I do have some very strong suggestions to consider:

It would probably be best format to have 2-3 or so specific hosts (maybe two for the primary discussion, and one person who has a specific segment they do), and then open up a call-in segment.

And like I said before, having a format ... even just as basic as like: 10 minutes of WWE weekly tv recap / discussion, 5 minutes of NJPW / TNA / ROH / US indies combined (just major headlines, maybe a segment of discussion for major NJPW / ROH news), 3 minute WWE major event predictions / recap discussion, 2 minute classic event review (First War Games, and/or first Survivor Series would have been great this month, or whatever), 5 minutes of call-ins (maybe up to 8 if a convo gets good), up to 5 minutes for indirectly-related wrestling news (Xpac getting busted at the border, Kamala's in the hospital, WWE 2K18 patch broke the game, etc, etc) ... this way if the call-in segment runs long by a couple minutes you're only cutting out fluff, to keep it at a tight 30 minutes.

I don't even know how you were doing it, but did you actually need people to appear on camera ? I really would suggest something like doing it on Skype, let people appear on camera or not as they choose.

Back