PWD 676: Rex lost his smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see some issues especially with a lack of communication in SPR, but nothing of that sort. I'm pretty sure SPR was in 44, with the last brother dying at Normandy which starts the mission. It certainly doesn't appear to be happening after the Battle of the Bulge.

Starts with Normandy but I see correlations in characters and scenes with Big Red One and correlations with Fury with those bits in Germany. Their situations and actions except BR1 does it better IMO especially in cinematography, not in a technical sense because Spielberg has 100x budget and CGI but just the graspe.

You don’t see Peck fighting a Tiger with a handgun before being saved by fighter bombers. Germans Panzer them at Kesselring, they’re prisoners.

Then again to contradict myself, in Sicily the Navy bombardment saves them from the Goring Panzer Division (?). So maybe that’s like the ending of SPR.

Watch When Trumpets Fade homie, that’s a good film but it’s an American Stalingrad film about something that shouldn’t have happened.

American troops got good pay, great food & fine entertainment during WW2 in Europe but the lives of the infantry especially were spent like poker chips. British troops had shit pay, shit food and shit rec but the commanders who had been there or whose fathers remembered WW1, spent them like misers.

40% casualty rate from Normandy for US infantry. 3% for tank crew. Even if the Sherman wasn’t good enough to stand up to a Tiger without 5 friends.

Still Apocalypse Now Redux is no 1.

It was literally an “I’m thankful for my boyfriend” moment before grace. Very religious parents and it was just that awesome awkwardness before eating.

It was like the scene in Wedding Crashers
Sounds awesome.
But I'm also very anti-religion, so there's that.

The family has been called to the kitchen!
PfaG.gif

Damn, already?

It was literally an “I’m thankful for my boyfriend” moment before grace. Very religious parents and it was just that awesome awkwardness before eating.

It was like the scene in Wedding Crashers

Way to be late to the party AND have the joke fly over your head, smigga.

The irony of saying the joke is going over someone's head, whilst a joke is currently going over your head is wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back