PWD 543: BROOOOOOOOOOOOKE BACK ELIAS

Better Warm Up?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
NWO should have ended here or soon after with sting dismantling each of them until someone went over eventually and carried the torch until Goldberg.

Goldberg ending NWO also would have worked. But that stable should have died long before it did

Nice eye rake by 100 souls

Zelina with a nice FRANKENSTEINER

Heels cheat to win. Good for nxt booking.

And the kid kicks out at 2.9! What a maneuver

Candice Rae don’t play

Mauro enhances everything he calls
Him and Graves should be the ones calling Wrestlemania

Assmandias voted one in the stink

NTTAWWT

How many stars did that match get? 5?

<LikeReally5>

NWO should have ended here or soon after with sting dismantling each of them until someone went over eventually and carried the torch until Goldberg.
An immediate end wouldn't have worked, but Sting shouldn't have been so utterly screwed. Starrcade 98 was an almost joke, I never considered ordering it. How hard would it be to build these matches (especially as the Sting angle took 15 difficult months).

WCW WHC Goldberg vs Flair
Hogan vs Hart
Sting vs Warrior
Nash vs Hall

Or almost any combination including DDP, Jericho, Rey, Eddie, Benoit. Certainly the Wolf Pack split and reformation made no sense.

Poor bastard hits the main roster as his fiancé is on the other brand being smashed by Braun. Then he gets to spend time with her on the road and welll it’s...
tenor.gif

Braun doesn't look like he has a huge peen to me.

205 Live was really good this week.

Per Bischoff’s book Hogan was pissed that he was out of shape so he used his creative control to change the finish.

“Hogan, on the other hand, felt that Sting hadn’t really committed, or he would have shown up in better shape. Therefore, he wasn’t that eager to have the match finish the way Sting wanted it to finish.
The way a wrestler wins or loses can be as important as the result. Losing a match on a disqualification, for example, is viewed far differently than losing on a submission. It’s not just a matter of ego. It has
“implications for future storylines and the characters involved.
Of course, Hogan had creative control over the outcome of his matches. So I was caught in the middle.
We came up with a finish that mimicked what had happened to Bret Hart in Montreal. Sting would lose, or seem to lose, on a quick count by referee Nick Patrick. Bret Hart would rush in, shouting something along the lines of, “I’m not going to let this happen again.” He’d toss the crooked ref from the ring and set up Sting to flatten Hogan with a scorpion deathlock. It wasn’t the finish Sting wanted, because it wasn’t clean, but it seemed like a decent compromise between two powerful pieces of talent”

Excerpt From
Eric Bischoff
Eric Bischoff
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/eric-bischoff/id381504935?mt=11
This material may be protected by copyright.

In hindsight, he doesn't look that great especially considering he had over a year to prepare for this one match

tumblr_nnosohsmA71srbyoyo1_500.png

Still should've got the clean win though

It doesn’t work for me, brother.

Accurate. Still should have done business though. This was the beginning of the end for wcw on the creative side. Very few storylines that had conclusive endings or followed the face/heel booking formula that makes a product successful after this.

An immediate end wouldn't have worked, but Sting shouldn't have been so utterly screwed. Starrcade 98 was an almost joke, I never considered ordering it. How hard would it be to build these matches (especially as the Sting angle took 15 difficult months).

WCW WHC Goldberg vs Flair
Hogan vs Hart
Sting vs Warrior
Nash vs Hall

Or almost any combination including DDP, Jericho, Rey, Eddie, Benoit. Certainly the Wolf Pack split and reformation made no sense.

Or at least have done it the way Bischoff describes and not let somebrother slip Nick Patrick a hundy to botch the ending.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back