PWD 538: Welcome to the Nakamura Era

What Would You Rather Take

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When will WWE realize:
a) Number 30 is a huge deal at the Rumble. People expect a huge surprise to close the match, and their opinion of the match overall mostly relies on the person who comes out last.
b) Nobody gives a fuck about Dolph Ziggler.

Pretty close to the event he was a big betting favorite to win.

And yet the conventional wisdom among most folks, it seemed, was that he would challenge Roode for the US Championship outta nowhere at the event. Dirtsheets are even saying Roode was told his opponent was changed and inserted into the Rumble. I think it would have been a pretty neat swerve.

Neville at 30 for the fucking win would have been INSANE tho !

Tommy Dreamer has more Twitter followers than Shinsuke Nakamura

{<huh}

so many damn threads

drh do your job dammit

Nakamura? Sure, whatevs.
It is amazing that WWE have to go to such lengths to pretend that Reigns isn't wrestling Lesnar. You'd think that would tell them something about Reigns.
Women's match seemed to be fine from what I've heard.
Rousey pointed at a sign. Awesome! Three years ago I damn near came in my pants when she got involved at WM. Now after Holly and Nunes I'm like - eh...
Somebody in I think the previous thread mentioned that Rousey or a women's title match could headline WM. I could see that happening.

Eh, nobody really gave a shit about Orton vs Wyatt

Incorrect
tenor.gif

Okay, some Rumble thoughts.

- Didn't watch the pre-Show, Rosenberg has infected my world with stupid far too much recently, can't be doing with him.

- I really liked the ending on the AJ vs. KO/Zayn

- Really surprised to see not only The Usos win, but to win with two straight falls.

- This has been the best Rumble for a while, the ongoing Heath Slater spot was hilarious, and a genuine surprise when Sheamus got Warlorded. The surprises were great, I even forgot that I hated Mysterio when he turned up, and as for Kofi, that might have been one of his best rumble saves ever. I really liked the change in tone with Zayn's entrance. Ususally when someone takes a slot, it's "Well, he's in the Rumble now", this time, it was "Look, can somebody get Sami Zayn out of this, he shouldn't be here." John Cena seemed to enjoy playing the heel a lot. To be honest, I think they should make the move to 40, because you look at some of the guys who weren't in the Rumble this year, they've got more than enough guys to push it to 40

- I didn't really pay much attention to the Rollins/Jordan vs. The Bar match, I was starting to enter into a haze because I was getting tired.

- Kane/Braun/Lesnar was a fun brawl, but the ending seemed a little stunted, but Braun was great in that match, it's amazing how over he's getting as a babyface, considering how much people hated him and thought he should be fired.

- They focussed on a sign in the crowd that said "About time", and I thought "That's probably a woman who's been watching since she was a kid, and is happy to see women in such a good spot" and then the sign got lowered, to reveal some fucking soy boy and thought "Oh for fuck's sake, you're an embarrassment".

- The Women's Rumble was out-fucking-standing, because nothing was guarunteed, my only real gripe is can they let someone else be a groundbreaker for once? It's always fucking Sasha Banks, that bitch has been Marty Jannetty'd through so many glass ceilings, they're making her seem far more important in the history than she really should be. But, I was constantly second guessing the winner. I was thinking "It should be Asuka, absolutely", then I thought "Nah, Ronda Rousey is gonna turn up, and she's gonna win it", then I thought "Ah shit, they're just gonna let Sasha win it from number 1, because of course they are", then I thought "Oh god, they're filming Total Bellas, aren't they?! Nikki's gonna win" And it was a hell of a lot of fun. I also loved Asuka's smooth as fuck entrance, Carmella was fucking outstanding in her role, and I loved all the nostalgia in the match.

- Old "Gambler Smigg" won himself £50 on Nakamura and Asuka winning their respective rumbles, so I'm very happy.

When will WWE realize:
a) Number 30 is a huge deal at the Rumble. People expect a huge surprise to close the match, and their opinion of the match overall mostly relies on the person who comes out last.
so you didn't watch the women's rumble? #30 was awesome.

Royal Rumble was okay.

I didn't really care for Ronda's introduction.

Is Ziggler done with the company? It would probably do him a world of good to go to other promotions.

Kofi save was good as always.

It's sad that Nakamura vs. AJ will probably open the show at WM. They should have booked WM for Japan.

Why is HHH hiding to take a picture of Eli Manning? He does realize that Eli is not playing next Sunday and his Patriots are probably safe right?

Let’s talk about Elias stopping mid guitar to stomp Slater and then all of the heels doing the same when they came out

That was great

Reminded me of KO running from Balor but giving Alex Riley a good stomp during his escape

Good heel work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back