PWD 517: It Ain't Braggin' If It's True

Which type of football do you prefer?

• NFL

• College

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Kurt Angle was probably the closest to not being a mark for himself or the business. He just wanted to go out and compete and put on great matches. He really didnt care if he was wrestling the top of the card or the bottom. As long as he was stealing the show.

I think Kurt Angle was probably the closest to not being a mark for himself or the business. He just wanted to go out and compete and put on great matches. He really didnt care if he was wrestling the top of the card or the bottom. As long as he was stealing the show.

YAY 1001 I dont win!

What about Benoit?

oh shit, i want to back out. i forgot i need a thread title and poll! let 1001 take it please

What about Benoit?

Benoit wasnt a mark for himself. I mean he had self belief, and he loved to put on matches but I dont think he really thought Im going to headline WM. But he was a mark for the business and keeping kayfabe. And being respectful to your senior wrestlers. Kurt never seemed like he cared about the back stage politics too much.

Benoit wasnt a mark for himself. I mean he had self belief, and he loved to put on matches but I dont think he really thought Im going to headline WM. But he was a mark for the business and keeping kayfabe. And being respectful to your senior wrestlers. Kurt never seemed like he cared about the back stage politics too much.

I agree. He was a mark for the business but not him self.

Lighting your name on fire and then looking out into the crowd for 15 minutes. It doesn't get any markier then that.

He actually thought that it was awesome

He was already a Hollywood star by then.

And Benoit never was over till he had those matches with Kurt. Then people started seeing how good he was. I mean he was always good and put on awesome matches but it was those matches with Kurt that really made him a name with casuals.

And Benoit never was over till he had those matches with Kurt. Then people started seeing how good he was. I mean he was always good and put on awesome matches but it was those matches with Kurt that really made him a name with casuals.

He was just good, bro. He wasn't special.

He was just good, bro. He wasn't special.

Second only to Kurt in the ring at the time imo. And yeah he wasnt special anywhere else, but those matches with Kurt made him shine and he took that and ran with it to the WM mainevent.

What about his matches with Jericho? I grew up on them and thought that they were quality as a kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back