• Michael Myers

• Freddy Krueger

• Jason Vorhees

• Leatherface

• Pinhead

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn,I got 1000, who want's next thread?

I’m excited for the ppv tonight. I’m volunteering and doing some outreach showing kids some science experiments till 8 so I’ll have to DVR and start late. I don’t know how you people on the east coast usually start ppvs at 10

Must have sucked growing up as a kid on the Eastcoast, not being able to watch the end of a game for their favorite sports team because it's your bed time.

A lot of crying.

Must have sucked growing up as a kid on the Eastcoast, not being able to watch the end of a game for their favorite sports team because it's your bed time.

A lot of crying.
It's not bad, by the time the PPV starts people are usually hanging out with their friends and partying while the fights are on.

This is one problem right here, Marvel has done such a good job for so long no one remembers how impossible it once seemed to adapt Captain America. People thought it ridiculous that his movie would come against Green Lantern and the same summer as Thor.

His character was a propaganda piece that was seventy years old. His origin is largely encased in a period piece and he starts as a character that is physically pathetic (and the special effects struggled to make this work). The best incarnation is the man out of time but that was based on inserting him into the relatively familiar early 60's (he met JFK while he was still alive IRL in the comic) and then having him experience in real time the changes of the era (try that directly on film).

This means it took a whole TRILOGY just to start to get there (TWS would normally be the last appearance of a traditional superhero trilogy) and every single film was a different genre. Not only that but he needed to be birthed into a strong foundation otherwise the series would lose every supporting character (not exactly sequel friendly).

Also he is even less tortured and more square than even Superman. Not only that since foreigners are a huge component of the box office the filmmakers had to contend against inherent national bias. Adapting Cap should be very hard and Superman very easy.

Superman is too powerfull, that's the problem. No amount of back story or personality will make him interesting. Watching him fight, crashing through buildings is boring since he seems indestructible. At least Captain is vulnerable, which you need to be in some ways as top babyface. Kryptonite ain't enough.

He also looks like a dork in his red panties/pampers.

Last edited:
Superman is too powerfull, that's the problem. No amount of back story or personality will make him interesting. Watching him fight, crashing through buildings is boring since he seems indestructible.

At least Captain is vulnerable, which you need to be in some ways as top babyface. Kryptonite ain't enough.

Superman = watching Roman Reigns wrestle

It's not bad, by the time the PPV starts people are usually hanging out with their friends and partying while the fights are on.

I'm talking about everyday sports games like hockey and baseball during week days.

Can someone please do me a huge favor (@Minotauro Rex @SocraticMethod or anyone else watching the ppv). As previously mentioned, I’m participating in an outreach event for children to learn science through fun lab activities. I’ll have the ppv on DVR and will not be home till 8 or 9 pm western time.

I plan to watch all three title fights for sure. Where I would like some help is for someone to pm and tell me if the first two fights are watching, without spoiling the results of said fights. Since I will be home late and the wife will likely be tired, I would like to be considerate and not have the fights on super late. If they are short fights or super entertaining fights I will watch. Otherwise I will fast forward to the title fights and watch the first two fights tomorrow (my DVR has a fast forward 30 mins option so I can fast forward without spoiling).

Thank you in advance.

Peace and love,
Lakersfan45

Can someone please do me a huge favor (@Minotauro Rex @SocraticMethod or anyone else watching the ppv). As previously mentioned, I’m participating in an outreach event for children to learn science through fun lab activities. I’ll have the ppv on DVR and will not be home till 8 or 9 pm western time.

I plan to watch all three title fights for sure. Where I would like some help is for someone to pm and tell me if the first two fights are watching, without spoiling the results of said fights. Since I will be home late and the wife will likely be tired, I would like to be considerate and not have the fights on super late. If they are short fights or super entertaining fights I will watch. Otherwise I will fast forward to the title fights and watch the first two fights tomorrow (my DVR has a fast forward 30 mins option so I can fast forward without spoiling).

Thank you in advance.

Peace and love,
Lakersfan45
l@nd0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back