PWD 458: Real Men Pay Their Debts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought Test was really good in his face run in 1999.
What derailed that again? An injury, test being too green or backstage politics?
I agree. I think 10 minutes max for those kind of matches. Lesnar vs Goldberg at Mania this year was what, 5? And it was perfect.

The Test vs Kane one is about 10 minutes bell to bell, maybe just over and, that is the ideal length, enough time to sell properly, but not so long it gets dull. And, slightly related, that pop when Kane gets the chokeslam, sweet! Remember when Kane was really over?

Poor lad, had his girlfriend stolen both on and off screen.
. Yeah 15-20 is taking the piss. Heyman and Ross is an underated commentary team. Yes Kane 2000-2003 not getting the title always bugged me. Any other era other than maybe hogan and he probably would have. He should have been more of an asshole and put less guys over.

Yeah 15-20 is taking the piss. Heyman and Ross is an underated commentary team. Yes Kane 2000-2003 not getting the title always bugged me. Any other era other than maybe hogan and he probably would have. He should have been more of an asshole and put less guys over.

I prefer JR/Heyman to JR/King, honestly. Only just, but I think Heyman was a far better colour commentator than King.

From what I understand, they kept trying to give Kane the title and, he refused every time, didn't want the workload.

I prefer JR/Heyman to JR/King, honestly. Only just, but I think Heyman was a far better colour commentator than King.

From what I understand, they kept trying to give Kane the title and, he refused every time, didn't want the workload.
Both are great. Whatever about the wrestlers I can't believe how bad the commentary is now. I like booker t because he might say something outrageous and Corey graves doesn't annoy me so he'll do. Makes sense I guess his career probably wouldn't have been as long. I do wonder if they would have incentived him more had they known rock and Austin would be gone way quicker than expected. A monster kane undefeated for a year or two would have been perfect for brock.

What derailed that again? An injury, test being too green or backstage politics?

Bad booking mainly. They didn't want him to beat HHH, but they also didn't give him some form of redemption. It was "Test's lost... now this".

Bad booking mainly. They didn't want him to beat HHH, but they also didn't give him some form of redemption. It was "Test's lost... now this".
Him joining the alliance makes absolutely no story line sense. You'd think he was a guy who would have thrived in the brand split.

Him joining the alliance makes absolutely no story line sense. You'd think he was a guy who would have thrived in the brand split.

They played the "Test and Shane are the best of friends" angle, but Steph being there made it nonsensical.

Personally, I think they should have had Test (and a few others) as these guys in the middle, who didn't want anything to do with either side, weirdly enough, that's where they could have had Paul Heyman.

Or, hold off on the whole angle until they manage to get Hogan, Hall, Nash etc, and have the nWo be a factor in it all. Because, there are guys who could have gone in there, like Test, who got fucked over by Vince and Steph.

The project that John Morrison's life savings is riding on:

Was @deezy the poor college student, or was it Botchfish? I know Botchfish weighed like 140 and was trying to bulk at like 1200kcal/day.

Was @deezy the poor college student, or was it Botchfish? I know Botchfish weighed like 140 and was trying to bulk at like 1200kcal/day.
botchfish is the one in college.
the only thing taught on @deezy's reservation is how to welch on bets.

botchfish is the one in college.
the only thing taught on @deezy's reservation is how to welch on bets.

Maybe he's tending to his fruit juice empire.

welchs-juice-lineup1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back