PWD 446: Ass Confirmed

Will Struggle survive his dubs?

• RIP in piece

• Only if the liberals let him live

• Probably but he'll just get dubbed again

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a lot of kids like his stuff and because he catered to a more teenage audience earlier in his career the feel kinda edgy watching him. I know my little cousins were excited to watch the twins movie he did where he played his own sister and when they told me they acted like it was something they weren't supposed to be watching just because it was Adam Sandler.

Yeah, his comedies are the right kind of low brow for kids to love.

It's also a case of did he get less funny, or did we just grow up? People reminisce like he was some comedy genius when he started out making movies, but he really only had two(I would say one) legit great comedies that most can agree on. Billy Madison, and Happy Gilmore. The rest are up for debate. The Waterboy and Little Nicky have it's fans, but they were also a couple of his movies where a good portion of folks started to see the cracks in his shtick. Big Daddy had it's moments, but not a classic by any means.

I guess what I'm saying is that he hasn't really changed that much. We have. His movies are made for a specific audience, and all of old timers just don't fit in that demographic anymore. He's always been a very low brow, juvenile act.

@D.R.H. the poll proves not only that you are wrong, but you are also a racist!

This just shows the sad state of the modern world. The fact that 3 out of 4 people here consider that sad excuse of a pancake an actual ass...the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Our expectations and standards have sunk so low it's depressing...like Warrior talking about his love life depressing. Like Bubba's quest for attention depressing. Like Spanky striking out with his cousin at a family reunion depressing. It's like all of those only there's no punchline at the end...just despair and emptiness and the death of the dream of a bootyfull wife makes a happy life. Where is James Cameron when we need him to save us from the abyss? Where I ask you?

I really only liked Happy Gilmore. Nothing else he's done really worked for me. I liked Longest Yard but it wasn't exactly a comedy, just a good fun movie to watch.

For me the best example of growing out of humor would be Family Guy. That was the shit when i was 14-15, my sides would be hurting from laughing so hard every episode. I don't even crack a smile when I go back and watch those now and new episodes are just painful to sit through.

The biggest problem with newer Sandler stuff is that somewhere along the way he stopped being the butt of the joke...he stopped being funny when he made himself cool.

The biggest problem with newer Sandler stuff is that somewhere along the way he stopped being the butt of the joke...he stopped being funny when he made himself cool.
Well that and it is basically the same jokes for 20 years now.

He worked himself into a shoot with Click and thinking he could be married to arguably the most gorgeous woman to ever walk the earth Kate Beckinsale. Been marking for his own gimmick ever since.

For me the best example of growing out of humor would be Family Guy. That was the shit when i was 14-15, my sides would be hurting from laughing so hard every episode. I don't even crack a smile when I go back and watch those now and new episodes are just painful to sit through.

I'd argue that the first three seasons are still pretty good. They were at least trying back then, and actually had decent plots to the episodes. Barring the comeback season, which was alright, the show has become downright offensively unfunny and lazy. It's pretty well unwatchable for me, and I don't think age has anything to do with it in my case. The show just flat out sucks.

Not to mention somehow being the singlemost attractive man on the face of the planet.

punch drunk love is the best sandler movie

Exactly. Happy Gilmore, the only good Sandler movie, recognized that he was a nihilistic moron who created pain for everyone involved with him (he even killed his kindly mentor). He was a man who needed to grow up, and learn basic humanity.

Now his films are from the perspective of Gilmore except he unlearned every lesson.

He's not pulling the wool over anyone. His movies make a shit ton of movie. And now on Netflix a ton of views.
His movies (which did have a big gross for the majority of his career) enabled him to put cash in his pockets to a ludicrous degree. Columbia Pictures was virtually destroyed by him as he picked their coffers, racked up huge losses, crippled their development slate, and was thrown out five years too late. Normally a studio would be an easy sell (WB turned down several $50 billion offers) but Sony can't move them at all largely due to Sandler.

Netflix thinks they are getting a bargain only because they have more money than God right now and are trying to buy a reputation (ask David Ayer, Will Smith, and Max Landis).

too much adam sandler ITT,
not enough chicks with donuts.

donuts_and_girls_640_03.jpg

7cb5e062841e6d05d19637b8665e5310.jpg

ba0fe6bd-dangers-of-buying-from-door-to-door-salespeople.jpg

It's just fucking funny, I don't agree with everything he is saying - I guess I just find his rants hilarious.

I try not to take wrestling real serious but I am legit annoyed about the jinder thing

I don't give a damn about that Jew unless it's Happy Gilmore. That's my shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back