PWD 436: Ice Cream Countdown to Wrestlemania 33

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stuff like this makes me glad I have the network.

It's kinda sad what he said about limiting your mistakes, lest they remove you from the GOAT conversation.

'Cause ... he implied, almost just directly stated, that happened to him. Man

I'm never excited about the Hall of Fame but I always end up enjoying the shit out of it.

They need to limit the amount of inductees though. It's always too long.

I liked Beth's speech the most.

I don't have a lot to say except I love Kurt. Dude is seriously one of a kind.

GOAT HOF speech?
Not a speech but when Austin inducted Hart and said "I was going through my bag in the back...and I found a can of whoop ass and it had Hulk Hogan's name on it" then turns around and glares at Hulk is my GOAT HOF moment.

GOAT HOF speech?
I haven't seen them all, but I don't know how anything can top that.

Funny, sincere, touching, and best of all focused. He knew what he wanted to say and the delivery was top notch.

I'm never excited about the Hall of Fame but I always end up enjoying the shit out of it.

They need to limit the amount of inductees though. It's always too long.

I liked Beth's speech the most.
No one can hit the nostalgia button better than WWE. They could take a jobber from the 70's and put a video package together to make him look like Andre. That's what the HOF is all about. Leaves you feeling nostalgic and happy.

No one can hit the nostalgia button better than WWE. They could take a jobber from the 70's and put a video package together to make him look like Andre. That's what the HOF is all about. Leaves you feeling nostalgic and happy.

That's also the problem, tho - they know they can frankenstein together an amazing video package out of weeks/months/years of video footage that were largely complained about / criticized / ignored / unnoticed at the time.

They could make Santino look like a world beater. They could make Nick Dinsmore (Eugene) look like a sympathetic ... non-comedy character.

That's also the problem, tho - they know they can frankenstein together an amazing video package out of weeks/months/years of video footage that were largely complained about / criticized / ignored / unnoticed at the time.

They could make Santino look like a world beater. They could make Nick Dinsmore (Eugene) look like a sympathetic ... non-comedy character.

Had to step away from my computer before I could finish my point - I think it's pretty obvious for a long time now, the most important underlying motivation for them is just getting airtime filled. Not storylines, or in a cohesive vision for any given character, but just in filling air time. The rest may be important, but if it comes down to it, they will sacrifice anything to fill that tv time.

With as much money as they have and spend, and the size of their writing staff, they could be doing much better plotlines, have much better characters for everyone, could really revolutionize what we think of as pro wrestling. But they opt for the higher floor with the lower ceiling, than the option with the slightly lower floor but massively higher ceiling.

Like, the holy grail would be a show where the drama is on par with something like Breaking Bad / Game of Thrones, and the fight scenes are ... well, imagine if a bar-room brawl scene in a movie was as emotionally investing - in just the fight itself - as a Styles / Cena pay per view main event. And all that with them having had before that 90 minutes of character build / backstory / rising action.

WWE has these financial resources (I mean of course they couldn't do a Breaking Bad / GoT level, but you get what I'm saying, they have money) but they just churn out weak shit knowing that between all the amazing performers they have and the lifers in the audience who will be at least somewhat emotionally invested no matter what, that they'll have enough stock footage to sustain perpetually

EE145.jpg

that hit me when Kurt was talking about mistakes ruining a GOAT career.
what could have been that went down the TNAnal drain.

Rampage/King Mo 2 was just as bad as the first fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back