PWd 431 hangin in the weed shed

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember he consistently got pops

Yeah, didn't necessarily put asses in seats like Hogan or Sting, but was consistently well loved. The ultimate babyface.

wasnt he a big draw in wcw? i remember loving the guy as a kid

DDP was arguably the biggest babyface in wrestling at one point, even during the rise of Austin. So of course WCW turns him heel

So Dave from Oakland has a problem with DDP in the HOF but not Beth Phoenix. Fucking Jap Mark

DDP was arguably the biggest babyface in wrestling at one point, even during the rise of Austin. So of course WCW turns him heel
Lmao

Something good going?

9910526_orig.png

I haven't listened yet

But DDP was one of the best faces in peak WCW. He had pivotal matches and drew (savage feud, rodman/Malone/Leno matches, Goldberg Havoc match)

Fuck Dave.
In my last post I buried Meltz, and now I'm forced to defend him. He never criticizes DDP nor his HOF Induction but only the maddening hypocrisy of the company after burying Page. DDP actually opted out of his near million dollar deal to join WWE and they did everything possible to destroy his career and talent.

This is a bit overblown, in the Monday Night Wars such turns were utterly common and rarely affected business in such an extreme way. The Austin heel turn in 2001 barely even happened, he immediately went back to face and then heel the very same summer. The Rock switched five times (at least) on his way to the top in three years.

What really poisoned the Attitude well was laziness (another side effect of the XFL consuming so many resources), cheapness, lack of competition, and an inability to push talent as proper stars.

wasnt he a big draw in wcw? i remember loving the guy as a kid

He was pretty over, from what I remember. His match with Goldberg at Halloween Havoc was pretty good from what I remember. And of course, he inspired one of my favorite wrestling montage videos of all time:

This is a bit overblown, in the Monday Night Wars such turns were utterly common and rarely affected business in such an extreme way. The Austin heel turn in 2001 barely even happened, he immediately went back to face and then heel the very same summer. The Rock switched five times (at least) on his way to the top in three years.

What really poisoned the Attitude well was laziness (another side effect of the XFL consuming so many resources), cheapness, lack of competition, and an inability to push talent as proper stars.

I say that because Austin was never a true babyface like a Hogan or a Cena.

Sting didn't wrestle for 18 months, Luger was never over as a face, Warrior/Piper were nostalgia acts that fizzled out, Goldberg couldn't work, every other face joined the NWO. DDP was the glue that held WCW together damn it!

Sting didn't wrestle for 18 months, Luger was never over as a face, Warrior/Piper were nostalgia acts that fizzled out, Goldberg couldn't work, every other face joined the NWO. DDP was the glue that held WCW together damn it!

You're of course forgetting Positively Kanyon.

If DDP wrestled in Japan, Dave from Oakland would've loved him.

HOF inductee

William Regal is to be announced at some point during the week. We'll deserved. Love Regal.

Wut

Fukken spoil those New Japan Cup results, fucking hell

DDP was turned into a dumbass stalker piece of shit - it made no sense.

Austin's turn was also pretty dumb. Also senseless.

Same as Vince being the HOWER POWER.

Lot of stupid shit happened in the Attitude Era, especially the Invasion.

"AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon does absolutely nothing for me"

Well said, they definitely shouldn't be wasting AJ Styles with Shane fucking McMahon.

Bring it to the Shills has a new episode? Wow.

Theres a kid that comes into my work all the time and he will just hang out. He can drive ya nuts but he just doesnt have anyone to talk to I think. I dont mind most the time but some times he can go full alex jones and when you are busy it can be a bit much. Havent seen him round the shop in a few days. Turns out he oded on benzos . Fucker was 26 years old. I didnt even think I can keep track of all the ods I have known over the years anymore.

I dont know what the point of that is but it is weighing on my mind a bit tonight

Dude I got friendly with over the net, used to send him BDay presents and shit, visited his FB - he ODed on heroin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back