PWD 412: More Relevant Than Kenny King's Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched the 2007 Rumble yesterday and this guy Kevin Thorn comes out. Legit had no idea who he was.

I thought it was Gangrel at first.

The ECW Vampire.

Started his ECW stint like this...

shelly_martinez_ariel_and_kevin_thorn_lSUUNcrJ.sized

And ended it like this

newkevinthorn.jpg
12.jpg

They could have Zayn win, and have Zayn/Owens open the show to bring that huge story full circle, because I don't believe for one second that WWE actually mean "main event of WrestleMania" to be "The last match on the card". Because they said that before, and Sheamus, Del Rio, Edge, John Cena, Undertaker and Rey Mysterio all won the Rumble, but weren't the last match on the card.

Nope. Zayn has no chance. I also don't think Zayn/Owens is a story anyone wants to see continue. Even if the main event doesn't have to be the Rumble winner facing the champ, they still have to promote Wrestlemania quite a bit, through the winner of the Royal Rumble, and Zayn is about as marketable as James Ellsworth. He ain't winning.

I think Zayn will eliminate Strowman, but that'll be about all the shine he gets.

I watched the 2007 Rumble yesterday and this guy Kevin Thorn comes out. Legit had no idea who he was.

I thought it was Gangrel at first.

The only reason I remember him is because of Ariel. Beyond that, he's a shittier Judas Mesias.

I don't think Zayn will win either, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not a "What the fuck?! Why?!" Like a guy like Titus O'Neil winning would be. There's something that can be done with it.

Sami needs to win and challenge AJ. Raw is the story show, Smackdown is the wrestling show. Sami's a wrestler, not a talker. Do it Haitch you glorious :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

I don't think Zayn will win either, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not a "What the fuck?! Why?!" Like a guy like Titus O'Neil winning would be. There's something that can be done with it.

Okay, I'll give you that. He has a better chance than Titus O'Neil.

We are talking about realistic possibilities though, and Zayn has about as much chance of winning the RR as Jill Stein had of winning the Presidency.

Anyways, who you picking? I got Goldberg winning.

Watching ROH for the first time ever, the latest episode. it's starting off with the No Limits Soldiers vs ...a bunch of guys.

Okay, I'll give you that. He has a better chance than Titus O'Neil.

We are talking about realistic possibilities though, and Zayn has about as much chance of winning the RR as Jill Stein had of winning the Presidency.

Anyways, who you picking? I got Goldberg winning.

My brother and I have made three picks with £5 on each, Balor, Strowman and Corbin.

Corbin is a massive long-shot (20/1) but his story trajectory makes much more sense than those with much shorter odds. I like Strowman for some reason, I think they should strike while the iron is hot, he's got a legit monster push going, he's improved massively, and he has a locker room who fucking love him, and he's getting over too. And they can take advantage of the two title situation, and have it open the show.

The ECW Vampire.

Started his ECW stint like this...

shelly_martinez_ariel_and_kevin_thorn_lSUUNcrJ.sized

And ended it like this

newkevinthorn.jpg
12.jpg

I believe you're forgetting his Mordecai The Pale Rider run...for which I forgive you.

Dirtsheets saying that Mike from Ohio will not not not not not not not not not not not not not not not win the RR.

I believe you're forgetting his Mordecai The Pale Rider run...for which I forgive you.

I'd never forget Mordecai, when I had a Twitter account, he sent me a random Tweet saying "Hear me, fear me!" when I commented that a guy on TV looked like him.

My brother and I have made three picks with £5 on each, Balor, Strowman and Corbin.

Corbin is a massive long-shot (20/1) but his story trajectory makes much more sense than those with much shorter odds. I like Strowman for some reason, I think they should strike while the iron is hot, he's got a legit monster push going, he's improved massively, and he has a locker room who fucking love him, and he's getting over too. And they can take advantage of the two title situation, and have it open the show.

Yeah, I could see Strowman taking it. I think he'll likely be final five or six at least. The work the WWE did to wash the Wyatt stank off of him, is nothing short of miraculous.

Braun's winning The Rumble and taking on Reigns at Mania...belee dat!

Yeah, I could see Strowman taking it. I think he'll likely be final five or six at least. The work the WWE did to wash the Wyatt stank off of him, is nothing short of miraculous.

The thing that worries me is that they "Ryback" him. where he gets really over, as a heel or a face, put him into a title situation, have him lose, and just take the shine right off him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back