Rules :

1. Don't be a Twat

2. Watch Rex Squash a Watermelon Between His Thighs

3. Burgle Paige

Mascots:

e46314586de3c8737ee8bfcdf0772ddd.jpg

5087945517_0c5175a720_o_d.jpg

Theme:

It's hilarious the 180 everyone has taken on The New Day and Sheamus since turning heel. WWE should run a all heel promotion where feuds are based on arguments about how bad the city they are currently in actually sucks

Is it racist that they force Saxton to chant along with "New. Day rocks."?

It's hilarious the 180 everyone has taken on The New Day and Sheamus since turning heel. WWE should run a all heel promotion where feuds are based on arguments about how bad the city they are currently in actually sucks

Dat heel character development

New Day are hilarious in how delusional they are. They were very annoying when they first came out, which is great to see some character development.

FWIW, I hated them when they first debuted. I still do not like them, but they are at least entertaining now.

I'm much happier with this New Day group. I like Kofi and Big E. and Xavier seems like a fun guy, so I'm glad that they have been given storylines that are fun and people actually care about. Still pretty 'meh' about Sheamus.

I'm pretty sure it was by design in retrospect.

If they'd have debuted as a new Nation of Domination, they'd have been liked, because that's what people wanted. Makes no sense to have heels that people want.

Then, they debut as they are now, it's "Noooooooo! That's not what we want! We wanted a new Nation of Domination! Why hast thou forsaken us?!" So, debuting like that as faces somewhat served a purpose.

I'm pretty sure it was by design in retrospect.

If they'd have debuted as a new Nation of Domination, they'd have been liked, because that's what people wanted. Makes no sense to have heels that people want.

Then, they debut as they are now, it's "Noooooooo! That's not what we want! We wanted a new Nation of Domination! Why hast thou forsaken us?!" So, debuting like that as faces somewhat served a purpose.

I think they were going to debut as a group similar to NOD though, then all the Ferguson stuff happened. I mean Xavier Woods was wearing a Brother Love suit!

56b348a99294b2f13f26409816f58796_crop_north.jpg

Either way, the group is fun to watch and each guy is entertaining in their own way.

Dat heel character development

I think New Day is tailcoating on the crowd love for Kidd, Cesaro and Natty AND the Usos being fucked. Without the Brass Ring Club, they'd be feuding with Ascenscion.

That said, New Day is doing a fantastic job running with what they've got. Big E vs Cesaro is always a shit load of fun, two extremely different dudes with massive strength.

CEgLDuFWoAAtCIj.jpg

From the looks of things, Carmella and Bayley are BFFs in real life.

I think they were going to debut as a group similar to NOD though, then all the Ferguson stuff happened. I mean Xavier Woods was wearing a Brother Love suit!

Yeah, i remember that going on and off for a week or two. they'd come out and watch matches and look mad all the time, then they dissappeared and re-emerged as a group with an entirely different concept.

Is it possible that the three of them were always supposed to end up as goofy heels that people like to cheer against? I suppose, it seems more likely they were originally supposed to be something else, and then were re-packaged as New Day. Is it possible that the New Day specifically was introduced with the goal of them being goofy heels eventually? Maybe, but I've yet to see any examples of really well planned out character developement like that, and seen a lot more examples of just rolling with what comes and changing what doesn't work or changing to what people want.

Yeah, i remember that going on and off for a week or two. they'd come out and watch matches and look mad all the time, then they dissappeared and re-emerged as a group with an entirely different concept.

Is it possible that the three of them were always supposed to end up as goofy heels that people like to cheer against? I suppose, it seems more likely they were originally supposed to be something else, and then were re-packaged as New Day. Is it possible that the New Day specifically was introduced with the goal of them being goofy heels eventually? Maybe, but I've yet to see any examples of really well planned out character developement like that, and seen a lot more examples of just rolling with what comes and changing what doesn't work or changing to what people want.

People were cheering Brass Ring Club vs Usos, Uso got injured, Asscension was fucked by Vince/Dunn, New Day was getting suckchanted, New Day turns heel for lack of opponents for BRC who were anyway faces while playing heels.

I think New Day is tailcoating on the crowd love for Kidd, Cesaro and Natty AND the Usos being fucked. Without the Brass Ring Club, they'd be feuding with Ascenscion.

But then we'd find out that the constant talking down of the Ascension was part of a clever plan to make them popular...somehow...

Regardless, I'm just happy to see Kidd and Cesaro fgetting time. People have wanted to cheer Cesaro for so long (I remember him getting a pretty impressive reaction when he fake joined Cena's team against the Authority way back when) that it's good they've put him in a position where he can be.

People were cheering Brass Ring Club vs Usos, Uso got injured, Asscension was fucked by Vince/Dunn, New Day was getting suckchanted, New Day turns heel for lack of opponents for BRC who were anyway faces while playing heels.

This seems pretty spot on.

Also, I haven't followed all the posts on these threads, but has anyone mentioned how hilarious comic inspired Cody's gear has been since becoming Stardust? It's likely a lot of things wouldn't even be noticed (he broke out a blue and red accented suit right after Captain Marvel was announced for a film, for example), but that Mr. Sinister cape and head jewel combination is just awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back