PWD Awards 2016

SocraticMethod

Kingmaker
@Steel
Reaction score
With the final WWE PPV of 2016 behind us, I figured it was good time to discuss PWD year-end awards. This thread is for discussion and suggestions of potential nominees. At some point in the near future someone with a green or blue name can start some poll threads. The following are simply my suggestions for categories and nominees/winners. Chime in with your own.

Wrestling Awards

Wrestler of the Year/MVP

IMO, this is AJ Styles and it isn't close. He's had the best matches of the year, has done amazing work as a heel, elevates the WWE championship by holding it, and somehow didn't even let this stupid Ellsworth stuff drag him down. I don't see anyone else as even in the running. Other potential nominees I guess would be Y2J, as an VP but not as a "wrestler" so to speak. Owens has done a lot of good this year, but his Universal Title reign has been underwhelming. Nobody else even comes to mind as in the discussion.

Heel of the Year

Some of you clowns will say Miz. Yuck. The SJWs will argue Charlotte. NTTAWWT. But in my mind, there's only choice for Heel of the Year. Only one wrestler gets heat from every crowd at the first note of his entrance music or the mere mention of his name. The Heel of the Year has to be:

Match of the Year

This one will definitely need more thought. Off the top of my head, AJ had three potential MOTY candidates with Roman, Cena, and the TLC match with Ambrose. The Survivor Series men's match was also awesome. Also, The Revival vs. DIY (the first one) as well as the Revival/AA match at Takeover Dallas were fantastic. Interested to see everyone else's thoughts on this.

Event of the Year

Takeover Dallas was fantastic with AA winning the titles in the aforementioned MOTY candidate, Joe bleeding like a stuck pig, Nakamura and Zayn tearing the house down, and Asuka killing Bayley. MITB and Battleground were also really good with the Shield storyline. The main event of Battleground was made even more exciting with the locker rooms watching rooting for their show to win the title. I also really liked Backlash and No Mercy.

Mark-out Mment of the Year

Five moments stand out to me: (1) Rollins returning to attack Reigns to a huge pop at the Rock at the end of Extreme Rules; (2) HHH returning to turn on Rollins and lead to Owens winning the Universal Title; (3) Goldberg squashing Brock; and (4) Shane's surprise return; and (5) the mini Shield reunion at Survivor Series when they powerbombed AJ through the table.

Breakout Star of the Year

One word: BRAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!!!!

PWD Awards

Poster of the Year

Minotauro Rex @moonwolf

Mascot of the Year

I think the obvious choice is Sara Underwood:

But I think we should also give some love to Alyssa Loughran:

And the criminally underrated Charlotte Springer:

2157331_4241419.jpg

That's all I got. What say you, ya filthy savages?

Best Tag Team - The New Day. Broke the record.

Best Women Wrestler - Charolette. 4 time champ, delivers always.

Best Organization (outside WWE) - New Japan. They just are.

Feud of the Year - Charolette vs Sasha

Feud of the Year is a good category. Can't believe I missed that.

The Revival vs. AA was also really good, but yeah, I think Charlotte vs. Sasha is probably the feud of the year. Nothing else was that long-term, especially with so many high profile matches (even if it was one too many). Roman vs. Rusev was too one-sided, AJ vs. Cena was too interrupted with Cena's time off, Rollins vs. HHH really hasn't gotten started yet.

Wow dude your memory is amazing. I can hardly recall what happened the past year in wrestling and barely missed a show.

Braun for rook

Shanes return is mark out moment

Owens heel of the year

New day or revival tag of the year

superstar of the year probably aj

Specific match my mush brain cant recall

sara is probably mascot of the year she seems to have been in every thread.

Theme of the year

Posters

Moonwolf most likeable

Socrates poster of the year. The cockblock trial was good postin

Deezy or struggle for heel of the year.

Rook of the year should be me with no competition

And rex should get a slammy for something too. If we had some posted categories this would be easier

Manager of the Year: Maryse.

Wrestler of the Year/MVP

AJ, hands down. Probably the easiest year to decide this.

Heel of the Year

Y2Owens. I really enjoyed their heel work this year, thought they were great. Special mention to Samoa Joe, for actually managing to get the NXT crowd to boo him a few times.

Match of the Year

The Revival vs. DIY 2/3 Falls match. Honorable mention to AJ/Cena.

Event of the Year
TakeOver: Dalls. Just a great show top to bottom. Made Mania look even fucking worse than it was.

Mark-out Moment of the Year
As much as I hated/hate the feud and match, Goldberg squashing Lesnar has to be the biggest mark out moment of the year for pro wrestling fans who are not me.

Breakout Star of the Year:
I cannot really think of a major breakout star this year. I mean, for casual WWE fans it was probably Styles, but no new wrestler I felt really broke out. Braun and Corbin are starting to break out though.

Tag Team:
The Revival for match quality, New Day for other stuff.

Woman Wrestler:
Charlotte, with an outside mention of Asuka for killin bitches. But definitely Charlotte.

Feud of the Year:
Not really a great year for feuds, but I really enjoyed the mini Shield feud and mini AJ/Cena feud.

PWD Awards:
I am not fellating you guys, you know which of you are awesome, and which suck testicles. There is no in between.

Feud of the Year is Adam Cole and Jay Lethal.

giphy.gif

Wrestler of The Year
-AJ Styles. No one else is even close or debatable.

Comeback Wrestler of The Year
- Chris Jericho. He went from irrelevant to doing some of the best work of his career within 3 months. 46 years old and still the highlight of every show he's on.

Heel of the Year
- KO. Underwhelming as his title run has been. His work from the Rumble to winning the title was damn near perfect.

Breakout Star of The Year
-Alexa Bliss. She's hot, she can work, she can talk and can get heat. She's everything a top women's wrestler should be.

Mark out moment of the year
- Dean Ambrose cashing in MITB and fulfilling an 18 month prophecy to finally screw over Seth Rollins

Women's Wresrler of the Year
-Charlotte. Like there's an argument for anyone else.

MOTY
- Reigns/ AJ II at Extreme Rules.

Wrestler of the year:
Some Japanese dude

Feud of the year:
Two Japanese guys

Match of the year:
Same two Japanese guys

Tag Team of the Year:
Two different Japanese guys

Heel of the year:
Some foreigner who fought the Japanese guys

Woman wrestler of the year:
Some Japanese guy dressed as a woman (NTTAWWT)

Heel of the year: Roman Reigns

Wrestler of The Year
-AJ Styles. No one else is even close or debatable.

Comeback Wrestler of The Year
- Chris Jericho. He went from irrelevant to doing some of the best work of his career within 3 months. 46 years old and still the highlight of every show he's on.

Heel of the Year
- KO. Underwhelming as his title run has been. His work from the Rumble to winning the title was damn near perfect.

Breakout Star of The Year
-Alexa Bliss. She's hot, she can work, she can talk and can get heat. She's everything a top women's wrestler should be.

Mark out moment of the year
- Dean Ambrose cashing in MITB and fulfilling an 18 month prophecy to finally screw over Seth Rollins

Women's Wresrler of the Year
-Charlotte. Like there's an argument for anyone else.

MOTY
- Reigns/ AJ II at Extreme Rules.

I agree with every choice RSR picked.

I vote for Alexa bless in ever category

I would kill Becky.
Fuck Lana.
Marry Bliss.

Back