PWD 166: Bone Cold Works the Marks Better Than Anyone Else

Status
Not open for further replies.
This way 3 years before Evolution existed. There was no real good reason he was commissioner. He also didn't really win many feuds in his time with the WWF.

I actually remember seeing (even fewer) clips of HBK as Commissioner, and I am relatively certain that Sgt. Slaughter was Commissioner before him (in time of the original DX).

So what was this 'Commissioner' role? It seems to be have been filled with wrestlers who no longer did in-ring work, or at least didn't by that time, but how does Shawn Michaels fit in their, since I thought he left after DX for a few years to get himself straightened out? Was Foley the last one? And did they replace the 'Commissioner' role with the 'General Manager'?

-Edit-

I also happily pass the torch along to whoever would like to make the next thread.

I actually remember seeing (even fewer) clips of HBK as Commissioner, and I am relatively certain that Sgt. Slaughter was Commissioner before him (in time of the original DX).

So what was this 'Commissioner' role? It seems to be have been filled with wrestlers who no longer did in-ring work, or at least didn't by that time, but how does Shawn Michaels fit in their, since I thought he left after DX for a few years to get himself straightened out? Was Foley the last one? And did they replace the 'Commissioner' role with the 'General Manager'?

-Edit-

I also happily pass the torch along to whoever would like to make the next thread.

i remember shawn would show up like once every couple months as commissioner. it always got a rise out of me. it was all worth it for the superkick after shawn was fired

-Edit-

HBK was commish in late 98 on into 99. The commish was basically the equivalent of the gm on raw/smackdown. HBK was the one who gave Austin the mania title match after McMahon won the rumble.

What type of noob marks out for Scott Hall

Wait what?

tumblr_m1a33sq1ps1r9az5lo1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back