Putting an end to this A level athlete BS. A level athlete gets ko'd with glancing blow.

Two months of training LeBron wins UFC Hw title.

Being an A level athlete doesn't make you an A level fighter.

Off topic kinda but I was playing fight night the other day and the announcer said basketball players make the best boxers

200.gif

Is this a real thread?

Let me help you out....http://www.bjpenn.com/mmanews/5-shocking-facts-about-the-ufc-pay-scale/

UFC fighters are paid like shit. If any UFC fighter could make it as an athlete in any other sport they would...but they can't.

That's a stretch. Most guys who fight aren't doing so because they can go pro. Most guys fight because they love to fight.

Someone that makes more money than you, has more of a life than you, has better work ethic and more motivation than you, gets laid more than you, has more to wake up in the morning than you.. I could go on

Doesn't eat as many Cheetos or have as high of a level as me in WoW. Who feels stupid now?

lol that is one guy. AA would be carried out on a stretcher after a headbutt like that. doesnt prove shit.

Anthony Davis, one of the best athletes in the world gets KO'd stiff with just a glancing blow.

Any of the "C-Level" HW's in the UFC would KO him in 20 seconds.

wrong this just proves that a level athelets can cause KOs with a glancing blow.

That's a stretch. Most guys who fight aren't doing so because they can go pro. Most guys fight because they love to fight.

I don't think it is a stretch as it relates to the discussion about world class athletes. I agree that there are many fighters who are in it for the love of the sport, but I doubt there are many (if any) world class athletes fighting that have the athleticism to compete in another sport where the pay is exponentially better and choose to stay for the love of fighting.

I don't think it is a stretch as it relates to the discussion about world class athletes. I agree that there are many fighters who are in it for the love of the sport, but I doubt there are many (if any) world class athletes fighting that have the athleticism to compete in another sport where the pay is exponentially better and choose to stay for the love of fighting.

What's the average height and weight of a pro athlete? Heavies and light heavies right? So are lighter weights incapable of being A level athletes?

How many humans actually enjoy fighting versus playing a sport for the love and admiration of all?

Also, are you only an A level if you're in the pros? What about the thousands of A level athletes that don't make it to the pros?

Again, I don't think it's about athleticism as much as it's about the desire to fight. You can't be a pro fighter if you're only in it for the money. You have to actually enjoy fighting. How many athletic dudes enjoy fighting?

A level athlete doesn't mean you can't be ko'd, it means you're athletically gifted and at an advantage

Back