Punk Ska Billy Folk and assorted things like that VOL. 2

i had someone snatch this cd right out of my cd player when I was delivering pizzas one afternoon at the mall.

I swear some people

i had someone snatch this cd right out of my cd player when I was delivering pizzas one afternoon at the mall.

I swear some people

Sucks your CD was stolen :(. This is my favorite off that album.

And my favorite Evergreen Terrace song.

Morning Glory - The Whole World is Watching

The Crack Rock Steady Seven - So You Wanna be a Cop?

Leftover Crack - One Dead Cop

Good Riddance - Heresy, Hypocrisy, and Revenge

Propagandhi - Contest Song

Propagandhi - Haille Selasse, Up Your Ass

Heard this one in the car the other day and its been floating around in my head since then .

Some (West-Coast) Canadian Punk/Ska, from the mid-late 90's.

Manner Farm - Spilled

Goatboy - Crossing the Border

Choke - In Reach

Choke - Far From True

Belvedere - The Bottom Line

The International Noise Conspiracy - Capitalism Stole My Virginity

The International Noise Conspiracy - Smash It Up

Text - Sound is Compressed (the guitar player from Refused's new band when Refused broke up)

The International Noise Conspiracy - Capitalism Stole My Virginity

I saw them open for who I cant even recall. Dude wore tight red pants and was making fun of the punks for not being able to dance.

I saw them open for who I cant even recall. Dude wore tight red pants and was making fun of the punks for not being able to dance.

I think the outfits were just a joke, Refused used to wear suits sometimes as well.

548097-3121.jpg
internationalnoiseconpiracy7a.jpg
about.2.jpg
924-photo_The__International__Noise_Conspiracy.jpg
inc_large.jpg

They were attempting to take the radical politics of punk and marry it with popular culture to expose people who would never listen to punk to their beliefs. Punk is about challenging conventions. They also took that statement to the extreme, by challenging all the conventions of punk culture. They were just busting people's balls for not dancing, a lot of post-punk bands do that.

He was the same singer from Refused... that's why the broke up, Denis (the singer) wanted to go more mainstream, and Kristofer the guitar player wanted to go in the opposite direction. He started Text (listen to that song by them I just posted and it's clear it was written for Denis to sing, it's a dub, reggae, jazz, soul, type song. The rest of the Text album is totally weird and obscure. Kristofer wanted to challenge their new found fan-base with weirder music, and Denis wanted to go more mainstream to expose his politics to more people.

This was the last song that Refused released before breaking up, they were growing up and wanted to get away from punk and go in a new direction. (That's also why At the Drive-In broke up, Jim wanted to go more mainstream while Omar and Cedric wanted to take mescaline in the desert and write crazy punk-influenced progressive rock)
Refused - Poetry Written in Gasoline

Refused - The Slayer

They were attempting to take the radical politics of punk and marry it with popular culture to convert people who would never listen to punk to their beliefs. Punk is about challenging conventions, they took that statement to the extreme, by challenging all the conventions of punk culture. They were just busting people's balls for not dancing, a lot of post-punk bands do that.

He was the same singer from Refused... that's why the broke up, Denis (the singer) wanted to go more mainstream, and Kristofer the guitar player wanted to go in the opposite direction. He started Text (listen to that song by them I just posted and it's clear it was written for Denis to sing, it's a dub, reggae, jazz, soul, type song. The rest of the Text album is totally weird and obscure. Kristofer wanted to challenge their new found fan-base with weirder music, and Denis wanted to go more mainstream to expose his politics to more people.

This was the last song that Refused released before breaking up, they were growing up and wanted to get away from punk and go in a new direction. (That's also why At the Drive-In broke up, Jim wanted to go more mainstream while Omar and Cedric wanted to take mescaline in the desert and write crazy punk-influenced progressive rock)
Refused - Poetry Written in Gasoline

More often than not I end up not liking the new sound so much when bands do that. I dont have any kind of issue with bands doing new things but I dont need to be challenged I know what I like and I dont. I have seen a lot of bands crash and burn when these creative differences emerge .

you got me stuck on the stoics I forgot all about them

More often than not I end up not liking the new sound so much when bands do that. I dont have any kind of issue with bands doing new things but I dont need to be challenged I know what I like and I dont. I have seen a lot of bands crash and burn when these creative differences emerge .

you got me stuck on the stoics I forgot all about them

Yeah, for the most part I agree with you. When I first heard TINC I was defnitely disappointed. They grew on me over the years. I only like some of their stuff. Capitalism Stole My Virginity was on one of the Take Action comps and it won me over.

They weren't challenging punks with their music, they were challenging traditional pop music fans with their ideas, but they never took off and just ended up playing with punk bands, and pissing some of them off :D.

We traded a couple of our demo tapes to Leftover Crack for a bunch of patches and stickers, I still have 5 or 10 Stockyard Stoics stickers they gave me, and a STZA for president patch, which they got given a whack of by some other fan. Stza's girlfriend like us a lot. The other guitar player (from my band) was pretty drunk and kept telling them how much he loved their music and had all their songs memorized and shit, so they called him on stage to sing with them when we saw them in Oakville, Ontario, when his favourite songs came up. They were really nice guys. It was at a community center/skating rink. We shared our liquor with them (In proper, good, the bad, and the Leftover Crack fashion, my friend brought Dixie cups) since Stza got him free beers the night before. I offered them hits from the bong but they had no interest in getting high. They were still hopped up on Stza's girlfriends painkillers, which they stole from her the night earlier after she almost chopped her finger off in a door.

Back