Punching......Do i need to move my head?

Well you will just say that anytime someone gets KOed. Oh, that was bad headmovement. Quite convenient, eh.

You could basically say that for any technique LOL.

LOL, you're the one making broad sweeping generalizations like, "Head movement is overrated and inapplicable to situations where kicking is permitted."

Like any technique, there's a right way and a wrong way to do it and like any technique doing it the right way leaves you less vulerable. You'd think something like that would be easy enough to understand.

:rolleyes:

LOL, you're the one making broad sweeping generalizations like, "Head movement is overrated and inapplicable to situations where kicking is permitted."

Like any technique, there's a right way and a wrong way to do it and like any technique doing it the right way leaves you less vulerable. You'd think something like that would be easy enough to understand.

:rolleyes:

Actually that's verbatim what Too_Defensive said, not what I said.

That's part of the problem. Nobody is paying attention to what they are reading because of bad habits just like with head movement.

You've been watching too much Joe Rogan.

Yes Couture uses excessive head movement.
Couture is a Boxer. (from his army days) He gets matched up with a K-1 level striker with good takedown defense and he would get clobbered.

Andrerson can get away with it because they keep matching him up with guys who are inferior to him like slow plodding Power Puncher Rich Franlklin.

As for Kaokalia, Yodsenkalai, Buakwa, Souwer, Hari, no they don't use head movement. You are just making that up. Show me examples. Unless you consider moving in general as equivalent to head movement, no they don't rely on it. The only head movement I really see is moving the head backwards (which is fine) to avoid a kick or punch but that's not something you are constantly doing so I don't conisder that the head movement that we are talking about.

Watch Souwers fight with Kyshenko, Albert Kraus also uses effective head movement.

Boxing head movement is not a good idea where kicking is concerned. The head movement i am talking about is that exagerated rocking back and forth, looking for an openning. That will get you killed. Boxers do this because they dont have to worry about a knee to the face. When making the transition to MT or MMA, you have to be careful of that rythmic, exagerated bullshit.
If you want to move your dome a centimeter to the right and left, thats fine. Just don't overdue it, and do not rely on heavy head movement as your main defense.

everyone on this thread: Please look at .40- .45 of the video three posts up, to see the type of head movement i am talking about!!!

That's part of the problem. Nobody is paying attention to what they are reading because of bad habits just like with head movement.

man.... you just dont quit huh? you need to stop learning shit from youtube and go to a real gym. or maybe every instructor in the world is teaching "bad habits".... ahhaah you obviously know more than people who actually fight

everyone on this thread: Please look at .40- .45 of the video three posts up, to see the type of head movement i am talking about!!!

well no shit. you cant do that in mt for the obvious reasons. you also stated that subtle head movement will also get you knocked out and then said that subtle head movement works.... which is it?

Orly?

Joe Rogan does alot of damage by convincing everyone when he's announcing that you need more Head Movement in MMA.

Well you could just use your head movement to avoid the jab and then slam your head right into a Right High Kick. I guess it's a bad habit that works for Sean Salmon.

That's in slow motion.

If you had your hands up like you are supposed to you wouldn't need head movement anyway.

You've been watching too much Joe Rogan.

Yes Couture uses excessive head movement.
Couture is a Boxer. (from his army days) He gets matched up with a K-1 level striker with good takedown defense and he would get clobbered.

Andrerson can get away with it because they keep matching him up with guys who are inferior to him like slow plodding Power Puncher Rich Franlklin.

As for Kaokalia, Yodsenkalai, Buakwa, Souwer, Hari, no they don't use head movement. You are just making that up. Show me examples. Unless you consider moving in general as equivalent to head movement, no they don't rely on it. The only head movement I really see is moving the head backwards (which is fine) to avoid a kick or punch but that's not something you are constantly doing so I don't conisder that the head movement that we are talking about.

It's a dangerous habit to learn because it is hard to unlearn once you've got that head movement rhythm and can get you killed.

This idea that a lack of head movement means standing their stationary is a Strawman. You can either block, parry or move your body out of the way of the punch.

This is part of the reason that American Striking lags far behind the Elite Strikers in the world. They refuse to listen to good advice, instead holding on to their Boxing-centric theories that have been reinforced by guys like Joe Rogan.

Boxing head movement is not a good idea where kicking is concerned. The head movement i am talking about is that exagerated rocking back and forth, looking for an openning. That will get you killed. Boxers do this because they dont have to worry about a knee to the face. When making the transition to MT or MMA, you have to be careful of that rythmic, exagerated bullshit.
If you want to move your dome a centimeter to the right and left, thats fine. Just don't overdue it, and do not rely on heavy head movement as your main defense.

For the 100th time, the sport of inches you are talking about is boxing. I just said, head movement in a sport with knees and kicks is a bad idea. Better to use footwork.

Moving your head an inch to the left is pointless. You will still get hit. In order to dodge a punch, you have to move your head to the left CONSIDERABLEY. Now your head is tilted over and you could.. nay WILL eat a knee.

hmm.... so which is it? you make up your mind yet?

some people have a hard time admitting their wrong..... being stubborn is the downfall of alot of people when it comes to learning.

Meh, I still don't consider Fedor the P4P best, but whatever.

:icon_chee

some people have a hard time admitting their wrong..... being stubborn is the downfall of alot of people when it comes to learning.

You should look in the Mirror then.

Good luck with your bad habits of too much head movement.

No, not Orly.

You don't quote someone on things they haven't said.

You mean...agreeing with retarded shit like that is different? Looks to me that you're still saying that head movement is a bad thing.

You mean...agreeing with retarded shit like that is different? Looks to me that you're still saying that head movement is a bad thing.

Uh, no. Listen up very carefully, You don't take a quote that Too_Defensive said and attribute it to me by putting quotes " " around that statement. It shows you aren't really paying attention to what is in the thread.

Uh, no. Listen up very carefully, You don't take a quote that Too_Defensive said and attribute it to me by putting quotes " " around that statement. It shows you aren't really paying attention to what is in the thread.

Here comes the grammar police...

I was paraphrasing the general thought you two had, I'm separating your thoughts from mine with quotations. You making a technicality of it doesn't change the fact that your statements are in tune with his and it doesn't change the fact that you're both wrong.

LOL. So now, anything that gets you KOed is automatically not considered Head Movement. Thanks for the clarification.
All I meant was there is a right way and a wrong way to use evasive movement in any fight... pretty much what everyone has been trying to tell you for the last 12 pages.

I have no idea how your response relates to my post.

Back