Punching bag way too hard

I just bought a 100 lb. Everlast punching bag, but when I kick this thing, it fricken hurts. The bag is too hard. I don't know what they put in it, but it hurts to kick it.
My TKO brand bag had strips of cloth and foam in it and it was soft, even in the areas where it's really compacted.
Anyone else have this problem? Or does anyone have a way to make it softer?
Thanks.

where shoes so if you miss the shin and use your foot you dont kill yourself

wear thin shin pads (like 20$ cheap ones)

every once in a while remove the stuff and kick light, then medium.

you will get there

hit it with a baseball bat a few times maybe, but u need to get used to kicking hard shit dude. U dont wana be kickin a pillow.

or you can wack yourself with a baseball bat :)

if the bag is too heavy, you may want to invest in a fairtex bag. they are more suitable for kicking.

I took a 2 1/2 piece of foam and wrapped it around the bottom 20" of my Everlast 100lbr. You can kick the bag as hard as you want. It still hurts but its not as bad as kicking a rock. It also slips off so I can kick the bag for som conditioning.

i have this same problem with my giant everlast heavy bag, its like hitting a wall, its not been in proper use for a while tho so im hoping itll soften up over time, ive got some GIANT ass gloves im using on it to cushion the blow, those biog nasty padded onces you get with a SLAM MAN thing, if i hook that bag i feel like my wrist is gonna break or is that just terrible technique? :)

Three year old thread and i though it was about kicking

TIme 2 tuffn up
Punch and kick the sh*t outta it.
If the bag breaks you, buy a diaper

eventually it will soften up a little bit after hitting it for a while

Back