Punching bag wall bracket

Leafs42084

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
for starters, I live in a condo, and I am looking to set up this punching bag in my room.

I was wondering, when setting up a punching bag and wall bracket, I was under the impression that you had to install it in some heavy duty wall. Would I be able to do it on any regular spot on teh wall?

im not really sure on this stuff, so any help would be appreciated

what kind of punching bag? like a speed bag or a heavy bag?

oh, and I'm moving this to the standup forums

Urban said:
what kind of punching bag? like a speed bag or a heavy bag?

oh, and I'm moving this to the standup forums

oh sorry, I was looking at a heavy bag

*Leafs goes home after buying heavy bag and wall bracket, drills it into the sheetrock. Begins to lightly work on his jabs and the next thing he knows he can see grandma ethel crocheting in the condo next to him.*

Yeah personally since I'm a bum if it were my house i'd put up some more 2/4's in the wall (because im too cheap to buy anything thicker) and drill it into them. put some sheetrock back up, drill...spackle, paint. Mount wall bracket, etc. then punch away.

(If im thinking of the same bracket? I'm thinking of the big meaty 4x4 ones. (Which you could probably make cheap as hell) )

Bad idea...sorry. I hung a heavy bag in a garage once from a major beam, and the whole house seem to shake when I was nailing the bag. Maybe somebody else has good insight, but I think it's probably not a good idea from the little I know.

Well I just drilled into the wall with some big expanding metal plugs. But then I do live in the UK where we have mostly brick walls in our homes.

aries said:
Well I just drilled into the wall with some big expanding metal plugs. But then I do live in the UK where we have mostly brick walls in our homes.

eh chap?
Yeah in the u.s. we get the imported mexicans to build us large crappy houses that just look nice on the outside but are held up by 1x2's (1/2x1-1/2s)

Back