Pulp Fiction- What was Vincent and Butch's beef?

saugeye killah

No need rope hold up pants.
@Brown
Reaction score
Probably watched this film 25 or so times, but for some reason never thought about this fairly obvious question..

Has anyone ever heard an explanation for this?

Love relationship that went awry.

giphy.gif

iirc Vega broke into Butch's house and took a shit in his toilet

Vincent felt like being a dickhead on account of Jules' "Act of God" bullshit. Then he collided with another dickhead who would then fuck with a man's automobile.
the-wire-o.gif

That was Butch? Wait, what?

I guess Vincent was jsut a gangsta doing gangsta shit. I knew this one "gangsta" in middle school who kicked some skater's ass just for looking at him. I asked my friend why he did that and my friend said because he's a thug.

Probably watched this film 25 or so times, but for some reason never thought about this fairly obvious question..

Has anyone ever heard an explanation for this?

Vincent didn't care for the way Butch looked at him in the bar, but that isn't why he was in Butch's house. He was sent to kill Butch for not throwing the match, which cost Wallace a lot of money.

iirc Vega broke into Butch's house and took a shit in his toilet

That was after though. That previous encounter at the bar when they had appointments with Marcellus probably the deciding factor why Butch ended up shooting Vince. Well that and the toaster going off.

That was after though. That previous encounter at the bar when they had appointments with Marcellus probably the deciding factor why Butch ended up shooting Vince. Well that and the toaster going off.
No I think the fact that Vincent was there to kill him bothered Butch way more then the little tiff they had at at the bar

No I think the fact that Vincent was there to kill him bothered Butch way more then the little tiff they had at at the bar

Well yeah . .

But Butch seemed like he was generally trying to avoid killing people when possible. He even saved Marcellus who was obviously trying kill before.

What beef? he went to his home and found a stranger in there, and like any good, god-fearing 'Murican he gunned him down.

Well yeah . .

But Butch seemed like he was generally trying to avoid killing people when possible. He even saved Marcellus who was obviously trying kill before.

Yeah but he found a fucking hitman in his house who was sent to kill him, not much option there.

Nothing good happens when Vincent has to use the bathroom. We had Mia's overdose, the coffee shop robbery, and then Butch shoots him

Though I liked Vincent's character way better, it did seem like he just initiated shit for the hell of it. Just mean mugged him for no reason.

Damn, a prequel of the Vega brothers would have been sweet as fug. A sequel of Jules walking the earth as well.

You can stake out my bullshit apartment. You can shit in my toilet, if you want. But don't you ever, never, make toast in my fucking kitchen. Not on my fucking watch.

Which I hid up my ass. For two years.

Was pop tarts not toast

Vincent left his gun on the counter like dumbass. The one Butch killed him with. He could have had another one I suppose.

More what I was getting at was why Vince talked shit to him in the first place. He obviously knew some stuff about him, referring to him as "palooka" and "punchy".

Three Gun Fish's response makes the most sense, but I was wondering if there was more history there that has ever been revealed.

It's rather simple. A professional boxer who doesn't take shit saw a hit man eyeballing him and manned up until he realized exactly who travolta was.

It's rather simple. A professional boxer who doesn't take shit saw a hit man eyeballing him and manned up until he realized exactly who travolta was.

This. Butch went up to the bar and noticed Vincent staring at him. Vincent was giving him a judgmental look because he knew he was throwing a fight and Butch, being an alpha, recognized that look and tried to assert his dominance with a confrontational question designed to draw a line in the sand. Vincent decided to cross that line by calling him palooka and punchy, and while Butch would ordinarily just choke a bitch in such a situation, he decided to stay cool when he realized that Vincent was tight with Marsellus and contented himself with keying his car.

Back