pull up and dips everyday

Axx

Orange Belt
Reaction score
so i have this buddy who was in jail for the last 10 months and he's gained some decent upperbody mass by doing pull ups and dips every day.

i hurt my back while doing dl and stopped lifting for a while(i still do some running and boxing). I know how important squads and dl are but are dips and pull ups enough to put on a decent mass and look fit? friend of mine gained like 7 kilo's of mass minimum.

If you hurt your back you probably need rehab first or the okay from a professional man. Don't worry about putting on "mass" or muscle, see a physiotherapist and get the okay first.

So in other words, you just want to look "swole". In that case, yes, eating extra kcals and doing pull-ups/dips can get you that look.

I've always been pretty bad on pull ups but I've been doing em daily and have improved my number of reps quite a bit.

What seems to be the best way from what I've experienced and read is that if you are gonna go daily , it is best to do lots of light sets, not to your max because if you are not taking days off to recover, or if you want to do max sets, only do every other day so there is some recovery time. Sometimes I'll alternate days between push ups and pull ups.

I wouldn't say it has made me look particularly swole though, maybe even a little slimmer

I've always been pretty bad on pull ups but I've been doing em daily and have improved my number of reps quite a bit.

What seems to be the best way from what I've experienced and read is that if you are gonna go daily , it is best to do lots of light sets, not to your max because if you are not taking days off to recover, or if you want to do max sets, only do every other day so there is some recovery time. Sometimes I'll alternate days between push ups and pull ups.

I wouldn't say it has made me look particularly swole though, maybe even a little slimmer
Agreed. I remember there was a lot of study on this not on gaibs but in relating to improving max reps.

They had the same conclusion

Back