Puerto Rico: 35% without power, 20% without water, as FEMA cuts off food and water aid

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were suffering before the storm. It not emergency funds purpose to fix that.

The fund is to get them back to,where they were prestorm.

And we are still back to the only action being taken is the emergency money that is now being cut off. Richest country on earth sends money to countries all over the world but can't be bothered to help 3.5 million of its on citizens have reliable power and water. Sounds sort of fucked up to me.

And we are still back to the only action being taken is the emergency money that is now being cut off. Richest country on earth sends money to countries all over the world but can't be bothered to help 3.5 million of its on citizens have reliable power and water. Sounds sort of fucked up to me.

So do we do this for everyone in the US without running water with emergency funds?

Look at the link and the map I posted.

Look at Alaska.

So do we do this for everyone in the US without running water with emergency funds?

Look at the link and the map I posted.

Look at Alaska.

We absolutely should be investing heavily in our infrastructure. A good place to start would be a territory that has had major problems for a long time. How is this even a question? Is that not a priority over Israel?

We absolutely should be investing heavily in our infrastructure. A good place to start would be a territory that has had major problems for a long time. How is this even a question? Is that not a priority over Israel?
Well I knew you didn’t know where you were going to go with this but that last sentence seals it

By the way is anybody bothered to read anything on this at all? FEMA said they are not bringing in new supplies and that they have plenty in surplus that they’ll keep handing out what they’ve got. They’ll be assessing the government not shutting down. That at minimum requires two weeks notice.

But not out of the emergency fund.

Sure it's good to invest in infrastructure but most of the decisions and directions should come at the local level with local funding and some federal money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back