Pudzianowski lodges a protest after the fight. Khalidov suspends career, Karaoglu injured

Mariusz Pudzianowski said that not tapped in yesterday's fight with Marcin Rozalski. He says that hit the opponent and the referee stopped the fight.

Mamed Khalidov does a yearly break in the fighting MMA. He is mentally tired, he wants to rest, also has private problems.

Interview with Karaoglu [ENG]

I give high marks to the ring girls.

Everything is in Polish until there is a kick to the nuts and then I start hearing "low kick". Don't see how "low kick" is some kind of specific term that can't be said in Polish. I could understand if it was "armbar".

In Polish low kick translates to "niskie kopnięcie" which is a long phrase(5 syllables). Faster to say it in English so i assume that's the reason.

you are right my friend.

Also, some terms transfered directly from other languages, low kick is probably best example.
You must also remember, that basicaly all "source" of mma Poles can get is in english. We wont really watch mma with japanesee commentators becouse we wont understand shit ;)
Guys 20 years ago would watch training vids in english, ufc in english, tuf in english etc. Sometimes it comes to remembering shorter fase in english rather than polish. So commentator would sometimes yell "low kick!" or "high kick" instead of "wysokie kopnięcie" or "niskie kopnięcie".
Theres slight gramatical difference too (althought its only mine opinion).
I translate "low kick" in polish not as an description of action (as "he low kicked him" - as you would exactly do in polish) but rather as stating the fact, like "red light" while driving car.

We dont say "armbar" in poland, we say "balacha", heard it derives from some word in portugese, but heard it like 10 years ago so I'm not shure.

so two of KSWs big stars down in controversy last night. how does that leave the org?
This has happened before (Pudz vs Thompson, Mamed vs Sakurai) - there was controversy, there was outrage, then people forgot and nothing happened.

Back