Pudzianowski added to KSW Dublin card. /// McSweeney or James Thompson?

PudzianFighter

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

KSW legend and five-time World’s Strongest Man Mariusz Pudzianowski (11-5, 5 KO, 2 Sub) has been officially added to KSW 40 at the 3Arena in Dublin, Ireland on October 22nd.

“Pudzian” dominated the world of strongmen with five titles between 2002 and 2008, more than anyone else in the sport. After he left he then focused on MMA and has had great success over the years defeating the likes of Oli Thompson, Sean McCorkle, Butterbean, Bob Sapp and has that highlight reel KO win over Rolles Gracie Jr.
Now he returns to Ireland, where he won the World’s Giants strongman title in 2002, and will compete here for the first time in his MMA career. His opponent will be announced in the coming weeks but the heavyweight promises an entertaining fight for the Irish fans in attendance.
KSW CEO and co-founder Martin Lewandowski spoke of his excitement at having Mariusz Pudzianowski on the first ever card in Ireland.

"I can’t wait for the Irish fans to get a true KSW experience with all the quality fighters we will have, the lights, the atmosphere, and now with the five-time world’s strongest man on the card," smiled Lewandowski. "Mariusz Pudzianowski is one of our marquee fighters, so I am happy he will be on our first card in Ireland. We want to make this a special event and any event with ’Pudzian’ on it is. He adds an element to the card that not many other fighters can bring. Just seeing him fight in person is an event in itself"

The announcement of Pudzianowski comes days after a rematch between Norman Parke and Mateusz Gamrot for the lightweight title was added to the card.

You can buy tickets for KSW 40 at Ticketmaster.ie and you can also watch this event live from anywhere in the world on October 22nd at KSWTV.com.

I can possibly see mcsweeney fighting him. He wanted 93kg but would take a hw fight

"Eric Pringle, Prindle..Whateva!"

@PudzianFighter

Here is my version of KSW 40 Card

9) Mariusz Pudzianowski vs James Thompson

8) Tomasz Narkun vs Karl Moore

7) Mateusz Gamrot vs Norman Parke II

6) Artur Sowinski vs Martin Stapleton

5) Grzegorz Szulakowski vs Paul Redmond

4) John Maguire vs Aslambek Saidov

3) Popek vs Alexandru Lungu

2) Lukasz Jurkowski vs James McSweeney

1) Azi Thomas vs Anzor Azhiev

I can possibly see mcsweeney fighting him. He wanted 93kg but would take a hw fight

McSweeney is better as a HW anyway so he can use his speed. If his opponent survives the early part of the match it doesn't matter if it's a HW or a LHW cuz McSweeney is going to wilt regardless.

James Thompson has already beaten him twice

Back