PUBG becomes 1st game in history to break 3 million concurrent users on Steam

Well, I just read that PUBG topped 11.5 million copies sold.... which I think it means it passed The Sims for 5th on the all-time PC games sold list, soon to pass Diablo III at 12 million.

Insane - $350 Million dollars... amazing

is this game worth it?, is it fun or does it drags and gets gay fast like playing LoL

No accounting for differences in taste, but I'm hooked on PUBG and haven't played a game this much in over a decade (Urban Terror was the last online game I played a lot).
Given how popular it is, obviously a lot of people feel the same way.
If you like loot mechanics, semi-strategic shooters and a tense, apocalyptic feel, I'd say there's a good chance you'll like it.

So it's like Hearthstone, except netcode problems, shit observing and format that has 0.00001% chance of working.
At this point it would be lucky if it ends up being shittier COD of esport world.

IMO, next big esport isn't released yet.
And I am not sure anything will have big success on TV.

The success of PUBG despite it's unfinished state tells the story. PUBG isn't released yet.

This looks interesting. Looking forward to the Xbone version

I refuse to purchase until the full IGN review comes out when it is released

Jesus, you're such a whore for Valve. I don't understand what is gained by this.

I was the one who started the PUBG thread here praising it. In June i was forced to reinstall my OS. For the game corrupted it from all the memory leak OS crashes it caused.

I was the one who started the PUBG thread here praising it. In June i was forced to reinstall my OS. For the game corrupted it from all the memory leak OS crashes it caused.
Yes, I was quite aware-- as the OP indicates. I'm also aware of your comments in that thread. Get ahead of it!

Wrong thread, taking rant to other one
Rants are welcome, here, too, dude. If you don't think the game is worthy of its popularity this is an appropriate thread to voice it (so is the other-- you're good either way).

Rants are welcome, here, too, dude. If you don't think the game is worthy of its popularity, this is an appropriate thread to voice it (so is the other-- you're good either way).
I love the game, new patch fucked me tho, unplayable if u use custom keybinds, a bug they caught during test and published anyway. And the reason for their patch was also stupid, to remove crouch jumping bind. They should not be removing crouch jumping until their vaulting mechanic is ready, game is clunky enough as it is

Jesus, will PUBG break 2m concurrent users this weekend?

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
It already hit 1,767,288 today-- a Thursday. It's been growing its peak record pretty much daily regardless of whether it is a weekday or weekend, but with the weekend simply surging the crest at the end of each week.

Remember that no game in history apart from Dota 2 or CS:GO (both made by Valve) has ever reached 500K peak concurrent users. I think it highly likely that PUBG will better than quadruple 4th place Fallout 4's high tomorrow, on Friday, and that it will bust the 2m on Saturday or Sunday. Further down the horizon, it's appearing increasingly likely that it will double Dota 2's base on Steam, and from there-- the sky's the limit.

Last edited:
i have 7,000+ bp points...i think ill go for the good 10k mark
Dude, what else can you do with BP? All I do is buy a couple weekly crates and up up getting the same plain white t shirt and gray combat pants overandoverandover again.

Dude, what else can you do with BP? All I do is buy a couple weekly crates and up up getting the same plain white t shirt and gray combat pants overandoverandover again.

basically my feelings

I'd stockpile them. They're going to do something with them eventually. The superficial items absolutely don't matter, especially since you can pick up random shit throughout the game if you really want to. Maybe they'll do "premium" stuff later.

And really, who sees it? Most of the time you're getting shot at from 100m+ away, so no one cares if you have a yellow track suit or not... lol

Jesus, will PUBG break 2m concurrent users this weekend?

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/
It already hit 1,767,288 today-- a Thursday. It's been growing its peak record pretty much daily regardless of whether it is a weekday or weekend, but with the weekend simply surging the crest at the end of each week.

Remember that no game in history apart from Dota 2 or CS:GO (both made by Valve) has ever reached 500K peak concurrent users. I think it highly likely that PUBG will better than quadruple 4th place Fallout 4's high tomorrow, on Friday, and that it will bust the 2m on Saturday or Sunday. Further down the horizon, it's appearing increasingly likely that it will double Dota 2's base on Steam, and from there-- the sky's the limit.

Amazing...

I guess Fortnite's attempt to cash in failed. I've only seen gameplay videos of it and I wasn't really interested in playing it.

Ghost - If I can get more than a 60 min block of gaming in, I'll absolutely love to jump into y'alls games. Lately, it's been 30 min here and 60 min there. My best time seems to be 6am on Saturday morning, before everyone wakes up and we head to football games for the day at 9am... lol.

Dad life

Amazing...

I guess Fortnite's attempt to cash in failed. I've only seen gameplay videos of it and I wasn't really interested in playing it.

Fortnite will try to make it's money on the consoles where they've beaten PUBG to the punch.

Just confirmed is coming to PS4 however probably second half 2018. FML

Back