PSA: Mel Gibson is on JRE

Mel Gibson. From A-List to internet joke... Talk about a fall from grace.

Yeah, the critical and commercial failure Hacksaw Ridge must’ve been very sobering for him.

giphy.gif

Mel is maybe the greatest film director since Kubrick. Say what you want about his rants, but Braveheart, Apocalypto, Passions of the Christ and Hacksaw Ridge are A++ films.

That's a bit of an exaggeration, but he is a good director.

What a bunch of fucking clowns.

Mad Max is the greatest epic saga ever told.

Holler back when Tina Turner wants to star in your post apocolyptic movie. Thunder dome ring a bell?

Yeah he’s antisemitic and mysogynistic. But he gave us braveheart, the patriot, mad max 1-3, lethal weapon, and passion.

Last edited:
What a bunch of fucking clowns.

Mad Max is the greatest epic saga ever told.

Holler back when Tina Turner wants to star in your post apocolyptic movie. Thunder dome ring a bell?

Yeah he’s antisemitic and mysogynistic. But he gave us braveheart, the patriot, mad max 1-3, lethal weapon, and passion.

Fuck off millenials. Where’s the over 30 crowd?

I'm still a Mel Gibson fan, love most of his movies and still watch them, don't really care about what they do or say outside of their art/profession if we take a close look at Hollywood we will be left with nothing that is the land of depravity.

I'm still a Mel Gibson fan, love most of his movies and still watch them, don't really care about what they do or say outside of their art/profession if we take a close look at Hollywood we will be left with nothing that is the land of depravity.

Hollywood is fucked. No doubt. Many of our favorite actors are scumbags.

I’m just surprised that there’s 4 pages of shit for a man who starred/ directed in some of the best films of the 80’s and 90’s.

I’m not a communist, but Rage Against the Machine released 2 solid fucking albums.

I can separate the artist from the product.

Agreed. Mel Gibson is the best “epic film” director right now. Better than James Cameron and modern Spielberg. Too talented and independently loaded to be blackballed as intended.

I just wish he made films more often. Apocalypto is one of my favorite movies.

He had to back The Passion of the Christ with his own money because the studios refused to make the film. It made $611 million. The film was snubbed by the Academy as a result. Gibson is a powerful man in Hollywood though. I bet they would like to black list him but he actually got too big to do that to.

Yeah, the critical and commercial failure Hacksaw Ridge must’ve been very sobering for him.
Hacksaw Ridge had a budget of $40M and made $175M. It also had a 8.2 rating on IMDB, 86% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes, 91% fan approval rating, etc. All that while still being blackballed from Hollywood.

Wish I could fail like that.

Is this worth watching? I dont want to listen to a conversation about nothing other than stem cells

Back