PS5.

2020 or 2021.

Hardware specs sufficient to allow games to run at 4K resolution & 60 FPS standard.

If the next console generation is going to last another 7 or 8 years, the hardware should be to the standard of 2019 gaming rigs.

Now that Sony dominated the current generation, they shouldn't go cheap on the price - $600 or $700, since gamers are paying more for games/DLC/Microtransactions.

Let Microsoft be known for cheapness and lower quality specs and fewer exclusives, while Sony could be known for the merger of PC Gaming quality within a console.

Oh, and the PS5 needs to be capable of playing 4K & 3D BluRays.

8k tvs will be out by then, what if they target 4k/60fps and then they could do another mid gen PS5 Pro/Scorpio that does 8k/60fps?

8k tvs will be out by then, what if they target 4k/60fps and then they could do another mid gen PS5 Pro/Scorpio that does 8k/60fps?

Largely, the mid-gen upgrades are disappointments with few games benefiting any significant performance enhancements.

My expectations for the PS5 hardware are low and very reasonable, with the hopes that developers will be able to easily optimize the hardware.

Games look gorgeous in 4K/60FPS.

money is on 2020. And GTA 5 will be re-released on it and sell an other quadrillon copies.

Probably. The best games to come out on PS4 were ports of GTA V and Skyrim. They really fucking blew it on this generation of consoles.

This generation had shit for games. Probably because they were still focusing on making games for the last gen consoles as well, and not realizing the potential of the current generation hardware. Nothing truly innovative has been done on this generation. Nonrisks have been taken.

I guess No Man’s Sky was a risky one. But the last generation saw things like Mass Effect, The Last of Us, and a bunch of other innovative games debut.

This generation had shit for games. Probably because they were still focusing on making games for the last gen consoles as well, and not realizing the potential of the current generation hardware. Nothing truly innovative has been done on this generation. Nonrisks have been taken.

I guess No Man’s Sky was a risky one. But the last generation saw things like Mass Effect, The Last of Us, and a bunch of other innovative games debut.

Gonna disagree with you. The latest Horizon Zero Dawn was a damn near a perfect game for me. The latest God of War was also excellent.

Innovation doesn’t need to be a requirement for a game to be fun. The list for PS4 is solid but there’s a whole slew of great ones in the horizon.

Maybe that's why having a new generation in a few years seems kinda weird - there really isn't a feeling of "yeah, the current gen is looking dated, time to move on" like there was with the last gen or the gens before it. With somewhat recent games still being released for the PS3/360 it feels like the current gen is just getting started. Is there really that much demand for next gen consoles to come out this soon?

Gonna disagree with you. The latest Horizon Zero Dawn was a damn near a perfect game for me. The latest God of War was also excellent.

Innovation doesn’t need to be a requirement for a game to be fun. The list for PS4 is solid but there’s a whole slew of great ones in the horizon.

I didn’t play that game. But it looked to me like a highly uninspired bunch of gimmickry.

Maybe that's why having a new generation in a few years seems kinda weird - there really isn't a feeling of "yeah, the current gen is looking dated, time to move on" like there was with the last gen or the gens before it. With somewhat recent games still being released for the PS3/360 it feels like the current gen is just getting started. Is there really that much demand for next gen consoles to come out this soon?

Exactly. I agree completely. It seems like the current generation was just a flyover or something. And that’s why it feels early for another generation.

I didn’t play that game. But it looked to me like a highly uninspired bunch of gimmickry.

Well you just missed out on one of the greatest games ever IMO. It’s Witcher 3 but with an arguably better story and amazing gameplay.

I also didn’t think much of this game until it went on sale for 20 bucks. Picked it up on a whim. 10 hours later I immediately bought the DLC. Game blew me away. Would have been GOTY for me if it hadn’t been released in the same year as Breath of the Wild.

Well you just missed out on one of the greatest games ever IMO. It’s Witcher 3 but with an arguably better story and amazing gameplay.

I also didn’t think much of this game until it went on sale for 20 bucks. Picked it up on a whim. 10 hours later I immediately bought the DLC. Game blew me away. Would have been GOTY for me if it hadn’t been released in the same year as Breath of the Wild.

{<doc}

Best story ever....

Metal Gear says hi.

WTF the story is pretty damn basic and the gameplay is average at best. I didn't even bother to finish the game I got bored after I got to the Roman kind of place.

I am a little curious as to what the difference will be between current gen and next gen. Even on current consoles, there's some games that look like they have PS3-level graphics. Some even worse. (Like the F13th game has terrible graphics). So how far of a leap is the PS5 gonna be over the PS4 Pro? Are we really going to be wow'd with the improvement?

As far as how big games can be, it's not like games will all of a sudden have more levels and stuff. They'll be relative the same length as games now. So......

Back