PS4 VR Headset

erhnamdjinn

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hi Guys anyone bought a PS4 VR? Is its only use to play VR games and watch movies in Cinema mode? What would happen if say I want to play a normal ps4 game like battlefield 1? Would it just act like a regular tv screen?

Was gonna make a VR thread since I recently took advantage of the sales (PSVR bundles and PSVR games all on sale atm). Guess i'll just use this.

First, to answer your year old question, you play regular games in cinematic mode. Inside the headset, a giant movie theatre looking screen appears. Its pretty awesome, but you take a hit graphically.

Any gamers with a nice tax return, take advantage of the sales!!!!! Cant wait to have time this weekend, but the few hours ive had so far are AMAZING!!! And I haven't even played some of the more popular games like Skyrim or Superhot or Farpoint yet. Only a few hours spent playing Demo discs, I Expect You To Die (playing this is what really blew my mind with VR), Rec Room (extremely fun but was having a bit of problem calibrating the move controllers. Gotta fix that), and Resident Evil.

Again, this is well worth the money with the sales going on. Extremely awesome and I can already tell its going to be hard to play flat games with the experiences VR offers. Will report back to thread after playing the other 6-8 games I bought on sale. Skyrim tomorrow!!!
We have this thread, too, if you'd like to add to it:
VR / AR Gaming Headset FAQ (Virtual Reality Gaming)

I've had a PSVR since launch and to this day the Batman experience was the best. I go on Jaunt and Littlestar cinema (360 videos) the most and only recently realised you can go onto Youtube and watch the VR/360 vids on there which is cool (better quality than Jaunt and Littlestar to boot).

Aside from those, I rarely use it.

Was gonna make a VR thread since I recently took advantage of the sales (PSVR bundles and PSVR games all on sale atm). Guess i'll just use this.

First, to answer your year old question, you play regular games in cinematic mode. Inside the headset, a giant movie theatre looking screen appears. Its pretty awesome, but you take a hit graphically.

Any gamers with a nice tax return, take advantage of the sales!!!!! Cant wait to have time this weekend, but the few hours ive had so far are AMAZING!!! And I haven't even played some of the more popular games like Skyrim or Superhot or Farpoint yet. Only a few hours spent playing Demo discs, I Expect You To Die (playing this is what really blew my mind with VR), Rec Room (extremely fun but was having a bit of problem calibrating the move controllers. Gotta fix that), and Resident Evil.

Again, this is well worth the money with the sales going on. Extremely awesome and I can already tell its going to be hard to play flat games with the experiences VR offers. Will report back to thread after playing the other 6-8 games I bought on sale. Skyrim tomorrow!!!

Oh yeah, Superhot is great as is the Recroom, paintballing is a great laugh.

Saw the PS4 VR with Doom was $299 at Target this week.

wow what a necro, Im still not sure if this thing is worth it, or just a fad, we have a promo also in my country where it goes for around $300 comes with 2 ganes the move controllers the vr unit and camera.

I've had mine since launch, but have only used it for RE7. It was a great experience, but there just aren't enough games out for it.

I have also had it since launch (paid $500ish), and it's honestly more of a hassle to use it once the initial "newness" dies down. I also do suffer from VR sickness, so that doesn't help. The idea of using VR for theater/cinematic mode is cool at first, then goes away.

I'd actually rather use my cell phone VR (Gear VR) to watch VR media and movies because it's easier to use and has no wires and PS Camera to deal with.

got one at launch,used it for about a month,got sick to death of wires everywhere,boxed it back up and left it there till last week when i traded it in.

Back