PS4 games like Zelda

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
How about final fantasy 15? I know it's an action RPG, don't know much other than that.

How about final fantasy 15? I know it's an action RPG, don't know much other than that.
I forgot about this one it has a weird combat system I was expecting a "action RPG" to have a Witcher or Skyrim type combat but it's closer to the combat in Dragon Age.

How is Bloodborne compared to Zelda?

Aside from the obvious difference in art direction, they play completely different. Bloodborne is very combat focused and while not necessarily linear, the exploration is more about checking every nook and cranny. Where BotW is a huge open world similar to Skyrim where you're encouraged to head off in any direction on a whim as something catches your eye.

It's been brought up a few times, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is probably the closest thing to a Zelda like experience. I played them back to back and I thought Horizon eeked out win for me between the two. Horizon had a far superior story and combat, but BotW absolutly killed it in the open world department and just sheer wonder and curiosity in the world. The combat is BotW was actually pretty limited and I thought it was one of it's weak areas.

Aside from the obvious difference in art direction, they play completely different. Bloodborne is very combat focused and while not necessarily linear, the exploration is more about checking every nook and cranny. Where BotW is a huge open world similar to Skyrim where you're encouraged to head off in any direction on a whim as something catches your eye.

It's been brought up a few times, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is probably the closest thing to a Zelda like experience. I played them back to back and I thought Horizon eeked out win for me between the two. Horizon had a far superior story and combat, but BotW absolutly killed it in the open world department and just sheer wonder and curiosity in the world. The combat is BotW was actually pretty limited and I thought it was one of it's weak areas.

I kinda prefer limited combat lol. Diablo 1 and 2 were probably my favorite RPGs.

Regarding Horizon, the Killzone games are probably my favorite FPS next to Half-Life, so I love GG. But I saw a gameplay vid a while ago, and didn't think Horizon's combat looked good. Maybe the guy playing just sucked?

I kinda prefer limited combat lol. Diablo 1 and 2 were probably my favorite RPGs.

Regarding Horizon, the Killzone games are probably my favorite FPS next to Half-Life, so I love GG. But I saw a gameplay vid a while ago, and didn't think Horizon's combat looked good. Maybe the guy playing just sucked?

He probably just sucked or was new. There are a lot of different components to the combat in H:ZD that you build on and eventually you can weave all the pieces together or you can be one dimensional and go in guns blazing.

You can lay bomb traps, trip wires, tie down enemies with the rope caster, snipe weak points, exploit elemental weakness, over ride robots to make them fight for you, or go for stealth kills. You can go for what suits your play style or you can mix all the skills together.

You can emulate that?! PM how please.
simply-austin-wii-u-emulator.jpg

The Darksiders games are pretty similar. Great games, definitely worth a play trough.

Check out Oceanhorn. It's cheap and closely Zelda-like. Don't be dissuaded by it once being a mobile game, it's actually really good. Great soundtrack as well.
There's also Hyper Light Drifter and i'll also recommend Darksiders 2.

I got Diablo 3. Not enjoying it much so far. I actually enjoyed the gameplay of Dungeons and Dragons on Xbox more.

What about Darksiders? Did the remastered (Warmaster) version come to consoles?

What about Darksiders? Did the remastered (Warmaster) version come to consoles?

It did. Both Darksiders games are very good with the first being more action oriented, reminding me of Devil May Cry type games, and the second being much more adventure oriented and 'zelda-like'. Fucking camera sucks in Darksiders 2 though.

Back