PS4 Controller on PC

Ya the USB cable I was using was the issue. The controller wasn't supplied with a cable so I tried using one I had on hand from one of those portable phone charges and it was no go. I had a short OTG cable that worked perfect, because I already had a long male to make cable for my arcade stick hooked up so I just plug that in.

I gotta say, I love the feel of this PS4 controller. Easily the most comfortable controller I've owned and I love how clicky the buttons feel. I hate mushy buttons. The d-pad is solid as well, which is the main reason I didn't go for the Xbox controller. They got nice joysticks but the d-pad is horrific and I don't like the bulky feel.

Easy way for both PS4 & Xbox 1 controllers is using their hardware, a charging USB cable for the specific controller which serves both as battery and makes your PC recognize the controller. Possibly need to update your controller to support Win 10 as well (read about this a while ago) via console or Win support link (Steam has updates as well, if it stops working).

For wireless both Microsoft & Sony have adaptors which are in the range of 25-50 bucks.

The old 360 was easier to connect back in the day, just needed USB. It's great now - no more batteries and/or no more recharging.

this doesn't seem to be helpful now, but inputmapper worked well.

Ya the USB cable I was using was the issue. The controller wasn't supplied with a cable so I tried using one I had on hand from one of those portable phone charges and it was no go. I had a short OTG cable that worked perfect, because I already had a long male to make cable for my arcade stick hooked up so I just plug that in.

I gotta say, I love the feel of this PS4 controller. Easily the most comfortable controller I've owned and I love how clicky the buttons feel. I hate mushy buttons. The d-pad is solid as well, which is the main reason I didn't go for the Xbox controller. They got nice joysticks but the d-pad is horrific and I don't like the bulky feel.
200.gif

The DS4 is a really good controller but the pads on the sticks tend to get worn out so you might want to buy some thumb grips. They take a while to get used to but I've been using them for a couple of years now and have no complaints. These controllers are expensive.

The DS4 is a really good controller but the pads on the sticks tend to get worn out so you might want to buy some thumb grips. They take a while to get used to but I've been using them for a couple of years now and have no complaints. These controllers are expensive.
I bought replacement Best Buy brand silicone thumbgrips for PS3, and it was a waste of money since they kept coming off and I didn't use glue. Left alone, they "sweat" a ton of oil.

I've read that this issue has been resolved with the latest models. I couldn't imagine adding more bulk to these though. If I was to do anything it would be a full stick replacement mod.

I bought replacement Best Buy brand silicone thumbgrips for PS3, and it was a waste of money since they kept coming off and I didn't use glue. Left alone, they "sweat" a ton of oil.
The DS3 has more durable grips than the DS4 so I never felt the need to buy thumb grips for them.

TBH, now that I've been using the DS4 with the grips for a while, I'm not sure I would like playing without them. They raise the height of the sticks which makes them easier to handle.

I've read that this issue has been resolved with the latest models. I couldn't imagine adding more bulk to these though. If I was to do anything it would be a full stick replacement mod.
Oh, have they fixed that issue? I haven't bought a new controller in a while.

Oh, have they fixed that issue? I haven't bought a new controller in a while.
Ya they are made out of a more durable material. Not sure how the previous felt but it's really stiff and not rubbery.

Back