Sharkhunter

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Prospect Francisco Ruiz dies following KO loss Nov. 18th., RIP

Rip. That's terrible

Sad day for the sport.

RIP.

In his first 8 rounder, damn shame, young kid, his whole life in front of him. RIP.

I haven't seen the fight, anybody here seen it?

Not to be morbid, but if they do an autopsy, I would be curious to know if he had any physiological anomalies that may have led to this ie) was it an aneurysm?

El Salvador is wayyyy overdue for another world champion, but one day.

RIP champ

That's awful.

Godspeed, young man.

RIP

Horrible. Honestly on these days I don't like the sport. Maybe an underlying cause but still

RIP
Just a reminder what these guys are putting on the line every time the step in the ring.

In his first 8 rounder, damn shame, young kid, his whole life in front of him. RIP.

I haven't seen the fight, anybody here seen it?

Not to be morbid, but if they do an autopsy, I would be curious to know if he had any physiological anomalies that may have led to this ie) was it an aneurysm?

Too soon to tell but from pictures and ringside reports it seems he took a brutal shot and when he fell his head bounced badly off the mat and he was out cold. They took him out on a stretcher and he was declared brain dead at the hospital a few days later.

I have no knowledge about this fighter specifically but in the past almost every fighter this happens to was dehydrated in one way or another. Either by having a very difficult weight cut and not being able to hydrate properly or by actually being dehydrated because of an illness.

Back