"Proper Twelve" whiskey is selling out, stores limit bottles per customer

I'm not much of a drinker anymore but I'd rather buy Proper 12 and support an MMA legend and inspiration rather than some old money established illuminati corporation.

It’s only like 25 bucks I think.
Yea I thought it was some small batch shit that had to be ordered when I made that comment
I didnt realize I could go down to my local Bevmo and pick up a bottle

Ease up man let's see if the curiosity liquor shopping lasts and drinkers stick or go back to their normal brands.
Thier normal brands, black commando gin, ha-haa!
IMG41.jpg

Ease up man let's see if the curiosity liquor shopping lasts and drinkers stick or go back to their normal brands.

This is typical McGregor hate. Can’t give him props for selling out. Have to raise the bar higher or make up new excuses to discredit him.

Just like his fights.

only scottish whisky is whisky (no e), everything else is whiskey

as for the difference, every whisky is different, even between scottish whisky's they vary massively.

The most dominant thing is probably the local geography. Whisky is aged for countless years in barrels and where its aged as well as what environment the malt is handled in play a huge role.

western islands, islands that are built on peat stores produce strong earthy and peaty malts, often with very salty briney notes.

highland malts, mostly light and floral

eastern scotland, speyside, more medicinal or metallic tones

lowlands, more grassy flavours

irish malts taste of leprachauns...

then you get the barrelling. some producers will use new wooded barrels, other ex bourbon barrels, sherry casks, maderia barrels, these will all add character, flavour and depth to the finish whisky.

So not even all scotch are the same, thats before you even start comparing to irish, american, japanese (which fwiw are some of the best in the world)

but before all that you have the type grain used..

A "malt" whisky is made from fermented barley.

then you have "grain" whisky which is made from something other than barley, usually corn, wheat or rye.

Grain whisky is cheap and shit and can be quite sweet.

Malt is not.

(then you have Bourbon which is corn - the minimum requirement is 51% corn, so the cheap ones are 51% corn with a load of rye or wheat whiskey in)

From that you get either:

Single Malt - a whisky made only from one specific batch of malted barley

Pure Malt - a whisky made from only malted barley but from several batches

Blended whisky - which is made from a mix of malt and grain whisky. How it tastes varies on how much malt v grain so something like Teachers, has a high malt content low grain so is quite harsh, something like Famous Grouse has a much higher grain content so is quite light and sweet..

Thanks for all that info! I like bourbon, such as JD or JB, but I admit that I have no real knowledge about bourbon or whiskeys. I'm finding it interesting to learn about them, since it's been such a hot topic lately.

Tesco? Groceries, on-line banking and mobile phones. Does not sound like a place your going to get quality whiskey. Have a feeling it will be look at like MD40/40, night train and Cisco.

https://www.thesun.ie/money/3149097/tesco-ireland-conor-mcgregors-proper-no-twelve-two-per-customer/

McGregor-whiskey-launch.jpg

Love him or hate him, the dude is actually taking over the Whiskey game.

{<Mcgoat}

The USFL had amazing ratings it’s first football game because people were curious. By mid season they were at record lows. He’ll make a buck or two but I highly doubt an mma fighter can come in, buy some mixed three year old whisky, and change the whisky game. That said, me and my boys do plan on buying a bottle for fight night.

I actually tried it out last night. For the price I’m actually gonna be guilty of buying this.

This is typical McGregor hate. Can’t give him props for selling out. Have to raise the bar higher or make up new excuses to discredit him.

Just like his fights.

I want McGregor to beat Khabib so I can see all the hater tears and excuses.

Just like his fights.

Stop your bloodclat crying for your man love.

After Khabib derails hims, stores will replace Clowner's alcoholic piss with Khabib's healthy juice:

Love3.jpg

Thanks for all that info! I like bourbon, such as JD or JB, but I admit that I have no real knowledge about bourbon or whiskeys. I'm finding it interesting to learn about them, since it's been such a hot topic lately.
Bourbon is whiskey
Now you just learned a little more

That’s the only confirmation? One picture of a note that says it’s popular??

No name of the spokeswoman???

Obviously Artem put the sign up when no one was looking, Took a picture of it and then sent it to that site. He then obviously called in disguising his voice as a woman saying he was a spokesperson.

Nice try Artem...

Back