"Proper Twelve" whiskey is selling out, stores limit bottles per customer

Truth is, he could probably sell out any type of goods, people will buy because they are curious.
Problem will be to sustain selling. It must taste at least OK to even have a chance.

apparently it’s just a rebottle of bushmills

The bushmills distiller makes the whisky to their branding and specifications.

They just rebrand and sell it. Bushmills is good, they made some decent Irish whisky. I am sure it’s not terrible at the price point.

Low cost, average shit is what sells to the masses and makes people many millions of dollars.

Buying up his own shit supply for headlines. Nice

This is the honeymoon phase. That shit wont sell after a month.

One press conference and it's the biggest selling liquor in all of America. You can't write this shit.

The press conference was basically a 30 minute commercial for the whiskey

It was literally him screaming incoherently in at some random Muslim dude and showing the b9ttle and name dropping every other question

Very smart but I’m not surprised mother fucker

His whiskey is as good as his last fight. Not a good long-term business model.

People will buy anything. Kylie bout to be a billionaire. *shrugs*

« He’s taking over the whiskey world. »
JC. There should be a iq test before you can start a thread.

Proper no 13 still available

giphy.gif

You win the internet for today

All these "whiskey" aficionado's who haven't noticed that it's "whisky" on your Scottish bottles.

Honest question, what's the difference between whiskey and scotch? I know scotch is Scottish, but what else is different about it?

I get triggered at others having success.

Honest question, what's the difference between whiskey and scotch? I know scotch is Scottish, but what else is different about it?

only scottish whisky is whisky (no e), everything else is whiskey

as for the difference, every whisky is different, even between scottish whisky's they vary massively.

The most dominant thing is probably the local geography. Whisky is aged for countless years in barrels and where its aged as well as what environment the malt is handled in play a huge role.

western islands, islands that are built on peat stores produce strong earthy and peaty malts, often with very salty briney notes.

highland malts, mostly light and floral

eastern scotland, speyside, more medicinal or metallic tones

lowlands, more grassy flavours

irish malts taste of leprachauns...

then you get the barrelling. some producers will use new wooded barrels, other ex bourbon barrels, sherry casks, maderia barrels, these will all add character, flavour and depth to the finish whisky.

So not even all scotch are the same, thats before you even start comparing to irish, american, japanese (which fwiw are some of the best in the world)

but before all that you have the type grain used..

A "malt" whisky is made from fermented barley.

then you have "grain" whisky which is made from something other than barley, usually corn, wheat or rye.

Grain whisky is cheap and shit and can be quite sweet.

Malt is not.

(then you have Bourbon which is corn - the minimum requirement is 51% corn, so the cheap ones are 51% corn with a load of rye or wheat whiskey in)

From that you get either:

Single Malt - a whisky made only from one specific batch of malted barley

Pure Malt - a whisky made from only malted barley but from several batches

Blended whisky - which is made from a mix of malt and grain whisky. How it tastes varies on how much malt v grain so something like Teachers, has a high malt content low grain so is quite harsh, something like Famous Grouse has a much higher grain content so is quite light and sweet..

Last edited:
Goddamn, Ireland. The people there were trying to buy more than 2 bottles of whiskey/day?

<{Joewithit}>

Dumb twats.

This is nothing more then an endorsement deal.

Back