Proper roadwork program for a beginner

if he isnt training in mma concurrently 3 times a week wont do much

It will do plenty. Stop pretending like you know what you're talking about. The whole point is building his base so he can do more roadwork later.

Running has a pretty high risk for injury, and injury isn't something worth risking because h isn't training to be a runner. If he's going to get injured he should do it in mma, not because he followed some complicated running plan he was told about by some jerk off on th Internet.

It will do plenty. Stop pretending like you know what you're talking about. The whole point is building his base so he can do more roadwork later.

Running has a pretty high risk for injury, and injury isn't something worth risking because h isn't training to be a runner. If he's going to get injured he should do it in mma, not because he followed some complicated running plan he was told about by some jerk off on th Internet.

he can listen to your bullshit or he can do the right thing....there is no reason that he cant do jogging and he will not see results with just 3x30 minute workouts a week whether it be jogging or any other implement.....STFU latflare and bushman

he can listen to your bullshit or he can do the right thing....there is no reason that he cant do jogging and he will not see results with just 3x30 minute workouts a week whether it be jogging or any other implement.....STFU latflare and bushman

Keep flapping your mouth.

Telling a beginner to start doing speed work and running 6 times a week is beyond stupid.

Lol @ building a base before starting a serious program....you are fucked brah.

that isnt what i said you douche...i said that because some guy said to run like 8x800 meters or something....intervals should be step two

but you are dead wrong...if he isnt training in MMA he wont be getting much conditioning done with 3x30 minutes LSD....General endurance and aerobic fitness requires higher frequency than that

that isnt what i said you douche...i said that because some guy said to run like 8x800 meters or something....intervals should be step two

i don't know what people here consider "run" to be --- 2:30? 8x 800, even at 3:00, probably going to be tough for anyone who isn't a competent middle distance runner.

Wtf i haven't said anything to you in this thread why are you telling me to stfu? Go polish your high school trophies and stop giving the ts shit advice breh

Why not explain LSD and what it is to this guy??? What is it? Long SLOW distance??? Or long STEADY distance???

Also how can your assign "long" to a beginner? Is it an hour? 2????? Or is it 30
Minutes?

If he needs any more advice I'd be happy to explain further - but let him ask the questions. Calm down.

I wonder what Tosa would say in a moment like this.

Wtf i haven't said anything to you in this thread why are you telling me to stfu? Go polish your high school trophies and stop giving the ts shit advice breh
You liked Bushman's post

He could probably do more than 3x30 minutes per week. A lot of the risk of injuries is from intensity not necessarily miles. Or so I have been told and my personal experience. 130-150 BPM is a fairly rediculously slow pace. It is generally advised to go slower than faster in that range. If he is following a Maffatone (sp?) Based program base/speedwork should break out about 80/20 (base/speed). It's also a rule of thumb that speed work isn't necessary until you are hitting 35 mpw.

He could probably do more than 3x30 minutes per week. A lot of the risk of injuries is from intensity not necessarily miles. Or so I have been told and my personal experience. 130-150 BPM is a fairly rediculously slow pace. It is generally advised to go slower than faster in that range. If he is following a Maffatone (sp?) Based program base/speedwork should break out about 80/20 (base/speed). It's also a rule of thumb that speed work isn't necessary until you are hitting 35 mpw.
No

if you are worried about injuries from jogging i wouldnt suggest getting into mma

Bushman let me ask you this

Have you even read joel jamiesons book? You know the guy that trains endless amounts of fighters?

Back