Proof Toquinho should not be cut.

I have done some grappling, but I wouldnt say Im competent. but I have had muay thai fights, and I know for damn sure that when Im in fight shape I can slip a punch and counter you within half a second, also when the ref says stop... I usually stop when he says stop, hey but I dont have toxoplasma to worry about do I?

whats up with the butthurt brazillians today? lol

im not brazilian...

and fighters in the ufc hit their opponent all the time after the ref stops it, I dont see anyone getting banned for that....

People forget that Paul Harris has already fucked up one guy pretty good with a late release on that heel hook. This one was a little close, but it was history that sealed the deal. He should have known after his suspension that he would be held to a stricter standard, yet he was still slow in letting go one of the most potentially damaging subs in the game.

That said, I do hope this is a suspension and not a Pete Rose permaban. I don't think Palhares will ever be champ but I do like to see him fight.

im not brazilian...

and fighters in the ufc hit their opponent all the time after the ref stops it, I dont see anyone getting banned for that....

Yeah they don't do it four times. How fucking dense are you man? It's not just this incident. If Rampage pulled that late-hit shit he did against Wand four separate times he would be cut too.

I defend the use of the rubber guard yes, I guess vinny magalhaes also is bad at grappling or shinya aoki right? yeah they fucking suck at bjj....

and I dont do mma, I spar occasionally in the gym where I do bjj, and have done it for 4 years... what are you grappling credentials?

Better than a guy that listens to Jessamyn Duke and defends Palhares

You're skirting the issue. No one cares about your grappling experience. If people held subs like that all the time in Jiu-Jitsu competition there would be hardly anyone left with limbs that work. As a practitioner you should know that.

no cares, but you are talking like someone who knows whats up and knows how long it takes to let go, fact is, you dont, because you dont grapple, as simple as that.

im not brazilian...

not the point I was making, I was saying if I can dodge a strike and return with my own in half a second.... then its feasible I could release pressure on a sub quicker. so your argument is invalid

keep trying though numbnuts

Better than a guy that listens to Jessamyn Duke and defends Palhares

how does he "listen to jessamyn duke"? this is information I would like to know lol

toquinho held the lock for way longer than he should have and HE knows it. it was his second time blatantly doing so. that extra second can mean the difference between a ligament snapping and not snapping. he has a record of it. now i don't think he should've been cut from the roster, but maybe a huge fine going straight to pierce's purse and a year long suspension.

Heel hooks can do some damage. It takes less than a second to let go, Palhares is a huge guy and with that much leverage he should be aware of this being a bjj black belt. Not to mention his fights in ADCC and wacky behavior in the octagon but it seems he isn't aware about the rules.

no cares, but you are talking like someone who knows whats up and knows how long it takes to let go, fact is, you dont, because you dont grapple, as simple as that.

I wrestled throughout highschool and into College, as well as did jiu-jitsu for about a year. That's how I got into MMA.

I'm trying to not make this some sort of **** measuring contest and even as someone with experience I know that this is an issue you don't need to grapple to understand.

had BJ already done this like 7 times? No. The isolated incident isn't what the cut was about.

Ive seen so many fighters in the UFC hold for much longer in submission finishes after the ref declares it a stop. Equal opportunity my ass...

on this one he didn't let go for about the same amount of time--maybe a few tenths of a second later than this time against pierce. it was still a short period of time to us and an eternity for his opponent and plenty of extra time to do damage to the ligaments. toquinho was wrong, period.

how does he "listen to jessamyn duke"? this is information I would like to know lol

there's a thread with a tutorial from her about using rubber guard in f12 and this guy was all about it.

I've been grappling for more than 4 years... on and off mind you but I know the game.

And the stunt Palhares pulled is pure bs. For you to just claim that he should be absolved for his repeat offenses is a spit on the sport of grappling. What he did was really bad form, and you know it.

I'll bet this Sherdog "Red Belt" isn't even a BJJ white belt, no offense TS. The ref should not have to struggle to make you let go of that for even a split second!!! Hurts to even watch man.

there's a thread with a tutorial from her about using rubber guard in f12 and this guy was all about it.

oh, she could use rubber guard on me all day..... if you know what I mean? :cool:

0009p69w.gif

Braddah apparently has a history of it. I personally have not seen any of the fights. Heard he's done it in grappling and bjj matches as well. Someone else will pick him up.

fighters who tap but then deny that they did should be suspended. they are the cause of fighters not letting go. fighters who tap then backtrack have no honor. there has never been a question in mind rolling when someone taps. you KNOW when they tap and you let go. if they bitch that they didn't, then the next time you can teach them a lesson--remember UFC 1 when royce got in shammy's face and basically said YOU KNOW YOU TAPPED motherfucker and shammy went from protesting and said yeah...i did.

Back