Proof Toquinho should not be cut.

BJJ_Rage

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
watch this video.. Dana should eat his words and pride and bring him back....

he lets go bearly after the ref made contact with him, he did hold the sub after pierce tap, but guess what, the fight DOES NOT STOP when your oppent taps, it stops WHEN the ref says stop!

toquinho did nothing wrong, he followed the rule, this is just wrong, no matter how much you hate him.

edit:

good job Dana, how about you cut bj penn too?

BJPennvs.JensPulvernew.gif

cut bj? fuck that, lets give him sub of the night. (props to drew foster for finding the gif)

Last edited:
Looked more like he didn't want to let go but the ref forced him.

I wonder how long the UFC actually reviewed it, doesn't matter to them though they just saved some money(whatever his contract is worth)

Looked like he didn't want to let go until he made sure the ref saw the tap.

Even after he feels the ref tap him he doesn't just hold it, he cranks it more.

He's supposed to release the moment he's touched by the ref, which he didn't. There is nothing to argue here, just move on.

If he gets smarter he might be back in UFC one day.

the ref made contact and said "stop", everytime Ive heard referee instructions they say "when I say stop, you stop" Palhares didnt stop for over a second..... thats enough time to do serious damage

A hit one second late is unsportsmanlike conduct in the NFL. It's a long time in sports.

I have no problem with any guy being cut if he has the tendency to hold a sub for a full second and more after the ref intervenes.

He held it a reasonable amount of time. He performs the move with the intention to injure which is how you're supposed to. Often times he's held a submission longer than necessary, but it's kind of ridiculous that this was the straw that broke the camels back.

In that situation yes. Have you ever grappled in your life? I don't think so.

Well you're wrong.

And I certainly don't hold a full second late. Not only though, more importantly, he cranked MORE.

This is ridiculous. But it's okay for Frank Mir to break the arm of a legend and gets praised by Dana White for it being the submission of the year?

That doesn't make any sense... This is being way over exaggerated and Toquino didn't even hold that long. I feel like there might be something else to this...

Couldn't he just release it when Pierce tapped? Or when he began to frantically tap? Or when he yelled? Hope about we add all that time into it, on top of how long it took him to release when the ref was trying to get him to stop.

You do understand that a guy just won a title by submission, and released it before the ref even knew Ben tapped, right? Lidland / Bustamante was a long, long time ago.

This is ridiculous. But it's okay if Frank Mir breaks the arm of a legend and he gets praised by Dana White for it being the submission of the year?

That doesn't make any sense... This is being way over exaggerated and Toquino didn't even hold that long. I feel like there might be something else to this...

Except Nog didn't tap until after the break, and once he tapped Frank let go.

There's nothing to get if you haven't already got it. Rousimar was already suspended once for it against Drawl for 90 days. He's held onto subs for too long at ADCC. He's tested positive for steroids under the UFC banner. He has stopped mid fight to jump up on the cage and yell like a moron.

This is ridiculous. But it's okay if Frank Mir breaks the arm of a legend and he gets praised by Dana White for it being the submission of the year?

Nog didnt tap, there is a major difference

Said it in another thread and I'll say it here, I'm not saying he was right or wrong.

When I spar I let go immediately even if it's a barely noticeable tap, injuries suck and I don't want to hurt anyone.

If I fought for a living, I wouldn't let go if the guy tapped, screams, begs, calls his mother, I felt it break or his entire leg came off... sorry... not happening. I would go until the ref STOPS the fight. Period. His response time in combination with crowd noise, atmosphere, and adrenaline seems acceptable.

We've all seen light taps, half taps, phantom taps... who's to say if he let go on the first tap the ref DOESN'T see it or stop it, and Pierce gets up and 20 seconds later knocks 'em cold? Better to make sure in their line of work.

Rampage was praised for the most part when he KO'd Silva in their third meeting, and delivered 2 extra punches AFTER the ref made contact to separate, but that was ok -- "it was revenge"... :rolleyes:

I know Toquinho has some prior issues with letting go, but this one wasn't horrible other than him doing what he's supposed to do. Pierce made it worse by being animated and screaming, but until the ref says its over (did the ref even yell before jumping in, was it even audible) you look to take your opponent out. Period.

Back