Projected UFC 304 card

Michael Chandler is a multiple time Bellator champ who knocked out a top 10 fighter in his UFC debut. MVP wasn't good enough to be a champion in Bellator and took the 13th ranked guy to a ho hum decision, as is typical whenever he faces a decent fighter.

It's best not to look at MVP as a title contender. He wasn't that in Bellator. He's just here to end his career with a few fun fights.
Tbh though, Douglas Lima was a monster in his prime. I would bet a bit that he would've been able to beat some guys in the top 10 of the UFC

Also don't think MVP vs Wonderboy is likely. They are friends and both have poo pooed the idea of them fighting. Think it's more likely to be somebody like Neal or Buckley for MVP.
Michel Pereira please.

Tbh though, Douglas Lima was a monster in his prime. I would bet a bit that he would've been able to beat some guys in the top 10 of the UFC
In his prime he was arguably the best striker in the sport. Always wondered how a fight with him and Wonderboy would have gone.

Michel Pereira please.
That would be amazing, but I don't think Pereira is going back down to 170 any time soon, and MVP won't move up when he wants to expedite his way to a title shot at WW as soon as possible.

Reactions: mkt
I would actually love to see MVP vs Edwards. Obviously that's a big fight for UK but I think they matchup well. If Edwards retain (which I think he will) and MVP win his next fight then I'm pretty sure MVP would be a very real option as the next contender for Edwards (though I hate seeking Shavkat getting overlooked as I think he's the next champ).

I would actually love to see MVP vs Edwards. Obviously that's a big fight for UK but I think they matchup well. If Edwards retain (which I think he will) and MVP win his next fight then I'm pretty sure MVP would be a very real option as the next contender for Edwards (though I hate seeking Shavkat getting overlooked as I think he's the next champ).
To be fair, Shavkat doesn't exactly have a signature win either.

It's not unfeasible or particularly unfair if MVP were to skip past him with a big win.

Shavkat's big wins are Geoff Neal (who Garry made far easier work of) and a 41 year old injured Wonderboy who had lost 2 of his last 3. People overlook that Shavkat actually hasn't done that much in the division because if the hype and him finishing all his fights.

To be fair, Shavkat doesn't exactly have a signature win either.

It's not unfeasible or particularly unfair if MVP were to skip past him with a big win.

Shavkat's big wins are Geoff Neal (who Garry made far easier work of) and a 41 year old injured Wonderboy who had lost 2 of his last 3. People overlook that Shavkat actually hasn't done that much in the division because if the hype and him finishing all his fights.
I 100% agree with you but at the same time you have to think about the division itself -- they are barely fighting. Welterweight is so different from what it used to be with guys like Condit, Hendricks, GSP, Ellenberger, Kampmann, Alves, etc...

Nowadays you have guys in the top 10 like Colby that just don't fight. The division is moving so much slower than any other division (beside HW... HW is just a sh*tshow at this point).

Swap out Wonderboy with Michael Morales and I think you get an immensely more interesting matchup. WB and Page will be such a point fight fest and I'd love to see Venom take on a young hungry stud that doesnt know how to lose and brings the aggression

I thought Paddy was fighting Money Moicano?

I thought Paddy was fighting Money Moicano?
This is not the official card, just a projected card (80%).

Aspinall vs Blaydes is pretty much a done deal -- so is Leon and Belal (or on the verge to be).

The other matchups arent 100%.

Pretty solid card, I don't think MVP vs Thompson will ever happen though. It would probably just be a boring staring contest / point fight because they are both too in tune with what the other guy does so nobody is going to land anything of impact.
I think Wonderboy has lost a step and MVP could catch him.

Back