Progressive Rock/Metal, Power and Traditional Metal Thread

The new Dream Theater album is completely un-relate-able... I can barely get through the first hour... I had some friends tell me I should give it a second chance a month ago, so I did... nothing stuck, none of it was good and I'm not going to bother trying to get through it again.

Never heard of these guys until a week ago. This whole CD is great.

I was gonna say the singer looks like Joe Silva and then watched this vid and the mofo is wearing an Xtreme Couture shirt lol.

Impressive voice tho. Gonna check out more of this band.

If your looking for a Queensryche/Dream Theater cross & have never listened to Fates Warning this is a killer album.The entire album is here & only about 43 minutes total I believe.Enjoy.

I was gonna say the singer looks like Joe Silva and then watched this vid and the mofo is wearing an Xtreme Couture shirt lol.

Impressive voice tho. Gonna check out more of this band.

Is that the same dude from Rainbow?Never heard this..I like it!

The new Dream Theater album is completely un-relate-able... I can barely get through the first hour... I had some friends tell me I should give it a second chance a month ago, so I did... nothing stuck, none of it was good and I'm not going to bother trying to get through it again.

Think Black Clouds was the last one i listened to all the way through, has it got progressively worse since?

Think Black Clouds was the last one i listened to all the way through, has it got progressively worse since?
The only song Ive heard from Black Clouds has been Count of Tuscany, but that song alone is light years better than anything I heard from The Astonishing(ly bad).

Count of Tuscany is actually listenable.

The story too this song is so weird... it's like...

I meet a strange nobleman, he takes me too his house, you meet his brother... for some reason the guy feels like they're going to kill him or something... such strange lyrics.

I hear you man. Usually DT albums are growers but their latest never grew on me after multiple listens. I will say however, I saw them play this entire album live in concert earlier this year and it was OUTSTANDING. John Petrucci is a machine.

Just watched the Thor documentary on netflix and got inspired

As far as live metal concerts it doesn't get much better than In Case You Didn't Feel Like Showing Up by Ministry for me. I've had the pleasure of seeing them live 4 times and I got to say the film does a good job of capturing the chaos of their shows.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back