Professional Wrestling Discussion Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hickson

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Well here goes fellas, hopefully i have enuf pull to get ya'll to start using this thread.

lets continue discussin here. starting

now

So Tony Atlas is all but confirmed for the HOF. He's a POS who refused to testify against Gonzalez for Bruiser Brody's murder. Someone like that should not get into the HOF, regardless of whatever they do.

Hickson said:
Well here goes fellas, hopefully i have enuf pull to get ya'll to start using this thread.

lets continue discussin here. starting

now

is the sole purpose of this so you can say you started a thread with hundreds of replies?

punkmother said:
is the sole purpose of this so you can say you started a thread with hundreds of replies?

naw i can do that in the mma forum if i wanted, purpose of this was, the other thread was getting too long.

So Tony Atlas is all but confirmed for the HOF. He's a POS who refused to testify against Gonzalez for Bruiser Brody's murder. Someone like that should not get into the HOF, regardless of whatever they do.

dood are you talking about the 'giant gonzalez' guy in the ape body suit who fought the undertaker? hes the shanked that 1 guy to death in the lockerrooms??

White Snake said:
Ashley Massaro signed a 3 yr extension.

good thing. i never get tired of seeing her she is kind of like lita ashley has the punk rockgirl image

I adored the Bruiser, one of my all-time favorites. But I don't think that should keep Atlas out of the HOF. You've never heard his side of things first-hand and neither have I. There might be more to it than we know. With situations like this it's all but guaranteed there's more to the stories and fables that have become of things that actually happened.

Maybe it shouldn't but this guy isn't deserving of a HOF birth yet over guys like Hennig, Steamboat, Smith, etc etc etc.

Don't take this the wrong way if any of you are black, but it seems like Atlas is being thrown in to fill a minority quota. His old partner Rocky Johnson is more deserving of the honor than Atlas. They should have gone in as a team if anything.

I agree that he and Johnson should go in as a Team, that would be Historically correct.

All HOF's though are tainted by things like this. They're just political decisions that tend not to sit well with different people of the populous of fans.

Apparently Refrigerator Perry will be induced in the e hof this year too. hmm, fridge, bret hart and eddie guerrero, one of these things is not like the others.

Amy Robinson said:
Apparently Refrigerator Perry will be induced in the e hof this year too. hmm, fridge, bret hart and eddie guerrero, one of these things is not like the others.

it would be funny if bob sapp came out during perry"s speech and started kicking his ass again

Amy Robinson said:

One of those people, not 'things' lol*, is going into the celebrity wing. Hell, if they have one, they may as well use it. Any ideas who will induct him though, can't be BJS, who else was in that battle royal? Bret? I'd go with JBL or Faarooq, or someone with a football background.

*Note to self, stop using 'lol'.

BrooklynBomber said:
Maybe it shouldn't but this guy isn't deserving of a HOF birth yet over guys like Hennig, Steamboat, Smith, etc etc etc.

Don't take this the wrong way if any of you are black, but it seems like Atlas is being thrown in to fill a minority quota. His old partner Rocky Johnson is more deserving of the honor than Atlas. They should have gone in as a team if anything.
Henning isn't in yet?

BrooklynBomber said:

Atlas also has the advantage over Smith and Hennig of being alive and able to attend the induction.

(And I know about Eddie and how he's dead and everything but those other guys aren't fresh in the mind of the fans like Eddie is.)

yakamashi-va said:
like you said shane is not a wrestler.....thats what he does? he's like the walking gimmick match.

I had to carry that quote over from the last thread. Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back