Professional Fighters League Announces Deal With Mark Burnett And MGM Television

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
PFL-032918-Feature-Image-780x442.jpg

pfl-mgm-logo-combo.jpg

PFL Appoints Mark Burnett to Advisory board

The Professional Fighters League (PFL), the world’s only major mixed martial arts league, announced today that they are partnering with Mark Burnett, President of MGM Television Group & Digital and MGM Television to develop and produce new content and programming for PFL’s upcoming season. MGM and Burnett (Survivor, The Voice, Shark Tank, The Contender) will both join as PFL investors and Burnett has personally been added to the advisory board. The PFL 2018 league season debuts June 7 and consists of 11 events live on NBC Sports Network and Facebook Watch.

“We are thrilled to partner with MGM Television and Mark Burnett,” said Peter Murray, Chief Executive Officer of Professional Fighters League. “Mark’s creative vision for delivering innovative live content is among the absolute best the industry has to offer – and that is exactly what we will bring MMA fans this season.”

“It’s no secret that MMA’s audience is rapidly growing and PFL has an enormous global presence. As an enthusiast for innovation within the television industry, I’m passionate about the growth and vision of PFL and it’s time this sport revolves around a league format,” said Burnett. “They’re elevating the sport in an entirely new way and I’m looking forward to being part of it.”

In addition to the live events, the development deal will feature PFL’s “What Do you Fight For?” programming that brings viewers short-form digital & social content that will showcase the day-to-day lives and back stories of the fighters, designed to help build online communities of PFL’s fan base and encourage engagement among fans, fighters, and PFL’s on-air talent. Viewers can follow PFL athletes through an array of short-form original content, such as the “Top 10 of The Week, Path to the Finals, 24:7: Life of a Fighter, and “Inside the Gym” Cam.

“PFL is thrilled to partner with Mark Burnett the innovator and icon who invented and perfected unscripted TV,” said Donn Davis, Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board of the PFL. “The PFL is re-imagining MMA and the start of the 2018 Season June 7 will bring fans the same excitement and ‘hey, I have never seen that’ reaction they felt when Survivor debuted and ushered in the new age of television.”

http://www.professionalfightersleag...es-deal-with-mark-burnett-and-mgm-television/

Good for them for trying to get more eyes to their product but I don't think PFL lasts.

No one watches them......adding more content for No one to watch won't help.

As long as there are fights on this and its not just reality tv crap I will watch. Im excited for their season to start and having name brand mma on weekdays.

The only thing I can say positive about PFL is at least they are taking a much different approach to MMA as a whole than anyone else has ever done.

How this thing makes money is beyond me. No way the TV deals are worth over 10 million a year. No way are they filling big arenas. No way are they getting blue chips sponsors to kick in big money.

P.S.: I'm on board to see how it all comes off. But I really wish they could've got a TV deal to be on NBC or at least a deal to be on a major cable channel like USA. Cause my prediction is this year will come and go and no one is going care, similar to WSOF.

The only thing I can say positive about PFL is at least they are taking a much different approach to MMA as a whole than anyone else has ever done.

How this thing makes money is beyond me. No way the TV deals are worth over 10 million a year. No way are they filling big arenas. No way are they getting blue chips sponsors to kick in big money.

P.S.: I'm on board to see how it all comes off. But I really wish they could've got a TV deal to be on NBC or at least a deal to be on a major cable channel like USA. Cause my prediction is this year will come and go and no one is going care, similar to WSOF.

“Today is an enormous step forward for the PFL and our mission of re-imagining and growing the sport of MMA,” said Russ Ramsey, Executive Chairman of the Professional Fighters League. “We’re thrilled to offer broad distribution for our first season, with great media partners in NBC Sports Network and Facebook. Pete Murray is an accomplished marketer and builder in sports and media, making him the ideal leader to deliver the innovative experience to MMA fans and build the PFL brand.”

Within the United States, NBC Sports Group will establish an exclusive live Thursday night PFL fight franchise, presenting seven regular-season live events in prime time exclusively on NBCSNbeginning June 7 through the end of August. Events televised by NBCSN will also stream on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app. All regular season events will have encore telecasts on NBCSN later the same night.
PFL-012618-Social-Announce-1000x1000-c2.png

“We are excited to create a Thursday night destination that will be appointment viewing for MMA fans,” said Jon Miller, President, Programming, NBC Sports Group. “NBCSN, NBCSports.com, and the NBC Sports app will be home to the PFL’s innovative format, which will keep viewers on the edge of their seats from the first fight June 7 through the championship finale December 31. We look forward to working with Pete and the PFL team on what promises to be a thrilling season.”

*the have the nbc deal for this year*

Cool, Mark Burnett must be a fan of mma, I know he's worked on bully beat down and worked with hdnet on some of their mma productions. I expect similar success

These league system MMA orgs never work out. It's just another gimmick so they can claim 'world first/worlds only'.

PFL-032918-Feature-Image-780x442.jpg

pfl-mgm-logo-combo.jpg

PFL Appoints Mark Burnett to Advisory board

The Professional Fighters League (PFL), the world’s only major mixed martial arts league, announced today that they are partnering with Mark Burnett, President of MGM Television Group & Digital and MGM Television to develop and produce new content and programming for PFL’s upcoming season. MGM and Burnett (Survivor, The Voice, Shark Tank, The Contender) will both join as PFL investors and Burnett has personally been added to the advisory board. The PFL 2018 league season debuts June 7 and consists of 11 events live on NBC Sports Network and Facebook Watch.

“We are thrilled to partner with MGM Television and Mark Burnett,” said Peter Murray, Chief Executive Officer of Professional Fighters League. “Mark’s creative vision for delivering innovative live content is among the absolute best the industry has to offer – and that is exactly what we will bring MMA fans this season.”

“It’s no secret that MMA’s audience is rapidly growing and PFL has an enormous global presence. As an enthusiast for innovation within the television industry, I’m passionate about the growth and vision of PFL and it’s time this sport revolves around a league format,” said Burnett. “They’re elevating the sport in an entirely new way and I’m looking forward to being part of it.”

In addition to the live events, the development deal will feature PFL’s “What Do you Fight For?” programming that brings viewers short-form digital & social content that will showcase the day-to-day lives and back stories of the fighters, designed to help build online communities of PFL’s fan base and encourage engagement among fans, fighters, and PFL’s on-air talent. Viewers can follow PFL athletes through an array of short-form original content, such as the “Top 10 of The Week, Path to the Finals, 24:7: Life of a Fighter, and “Inside the Gym” Cam.

“PFL is thrilled to partner with Mark Burnett the innovator and icon who invented and perfected unscripted TV,” said Donn Davis, Co-Founder and Chairman of the Board of the PFL. “The PFL is re-imagining MMA and the start of the 2018 Season June 7 will bring fans the same excitement and ‘hey, I have never seen that’ reaction they felt when Survivor debuted and ushered in the new age of television.”

http://www.professionalfightersleag...es-deal-with-mark-burnett-and-mgm-television/
<mma4>

“Today is an enormous step forward for the PFL and our mission of re-imagining and growing the sport of MMA,” said Russ Ramsey, Executive Chairman of the Professional Fighters League. “We’re thrilled to offer broad distribution for our first season, with great media partners in NBC Sports Network and Facebook. Pete Murray is an accomplished marketer and builder in sports and media, making him the ideal leader to deliver the innovative experience to MMA fans and build the PFL brand.”

Within the United States, NBC Sports Group will establish an exclusive live Thursday night PFL fight franchise, presenting seven regular-season live events in prime time exclusively on NBCSNbeginning June 7 through the end of August. Events televised by NBCSN will also stream on NBCSports.com and the NBC Sports app. All regular season events will have encore telecasts on NBCSN later the same night.
PFL-012618-Social-Announce-1000x1000-c2.png

“We are excited to create a Thursday night destination that will be appointment viewing for MMA fans,” said Jon Miller, President, Programming, NBC Sports Group. “NBCSN, NBCSports.com, and the NBC Sports app will be home to the PFL’s innovative format, which will keep viewers on the edge of their seats from the first fight June 7 through the championship finale December 31. We look forward to working with Pete and the PFL team on what promises to be a thrilling season.”

*the have the nbc deal for this year*

Yes they have been on NBC Sports (WSOF). But NBCSports is like buried sports channel in some odd ball sports package.

You have to seek it out to find it. You usually aren't going to be flipping channels and see NBCsports. Which is a huge reason why WSOF had a hard time getting 150K to tune in for an event.

Back