Professional Fighters League- 2018 Season

Hmm, I liked the Contender's card better. Not seeing a lot of spots so far, and us Americans only have 5 lines at the moment.

Halsey should be able to beat the shit out of Vinny standing, especially on the inside, but he has to be careful not to get pulled to the ground.

I don't know. Halsey may have a worse chin than Vinny, which is something. He has taken boatloads of damage his past few fights. Rama, Schlemenko, Salter.

Opening odds:
1561_o.png

Current odds:
1561.png

Think we'll get facebook odds? I'm guessing it's only 3 facebook fights now?

Really liking Vinny's improved price for all the reasons I stated above, especially the size difference and the fact that he got a fast submission five weeks ago while Halsey took a lot of damage in a tough fight against Smealinho Rama. I think Vinny can beat Halsey even without submitting him, by TKO possibly if Halsey gets rocked or by 3 round decision.

i am on Grishin and Watley and may take a stab on High and Firmino

anybody know if Magomedov is training at ATT or anywhere? he have not posted anything on his instagram since his last fight over a year ago

Efrain Escudero misses weight again badly so his fight vs Islam Mamedov is off with the latter receiving 3 points by forfeit and likely moving on to the playoffs.

I was leaning Brandon Halsey to use his wrestling to counter Vinny Magalhaes' BJJ until I saw the size difference and how much bigger Vinny is at the face-offs. Reminds me that Halsey is a former MW while Vinny is a decent sized LHW. Add in the fact that Vinny took little to no damage recently and Halsey certainly did, it makes me think Vinny will pull this win off, by submission or maybe even by KO or decision and punch his ticket to the playoffs.

Think you are really overrating the damage taken angle. Halsey has been fighting solid young dudes recently and has done decently enough and Magalhaes is 2+ years older and hasn't had a good fight in forever. Abdallah is 2-3, who cares if he submitted him quickly.

Before that he

--lost to old man Karol Celinski
--Got 50-44'd by Branch.
--Dropped a round to Jake Heun who sucks and got smashed by Rama.
--Had sub wins vs Hamill + Brilz on their way out the door and Gonzalez who gets subbed by everybody
--Got smashed by old as hell Perosh

And you need to go all the way back 6 years ago to his win vs Pokrajac to find a convincingly good win.

There is no doubt he would be the worst opponent to ever beat Halsey, and even if Halsey is past his prime bc damage he is still 2 years and change younger. And if your angle is that Halsey's chin is washed, the guy who hasn't had a KO since 2011 isn't the optimal matchup to exploit that.

IMO these odds should be flipped with Halsey as fave

Think you are really overrating the damage taken angle. Halsey has been fighting solid young dudes recently and has done decently enough and Magalhaes is 2+ years older and hasn't had a good fight in forever. Abdallah is 2-3, who cares if he submitted him quickly.

Before that he

--lost to old man Karol Celinski
--Got 50-44'd by Branch.
--Dropped a round to Jake Heun who sucks and got smashed by Rama.
--Had sub wins vs Hamill + Brilz on their way out the door and Gonzalez who gets subbed by everybody
--Got smashed by old as hell Perosh

And you need to go all the way back 6 years ago to his win vs Pokrajac to find a convincingly good win.

There is no doubt he would be the worst opponent to ever beat Halsey, and even if Halsey is past his prime bc damage he is still 2 years and change younger. IMO these odds should be flipped with Halsey as fave
I think the size advantage for Vinny is more significant than the damage taken by Halsey. Halsey's wrestling will be neutralized somewhat against a bigger man and if he does get to the ground now he is in Vinny's world and risks getting submitted. Halsey has decent power, but Vinny's chin is decent and he's not afraid to kick.The three middleweights in Carvalho, Shlemeenko & Salter that beat Halsey are better than Vinny in their respective divisions, but now this is up at LHW and I think that has to be taken into account. I assume you're thrilled though and made a significant bet on Halsey as an underdog? I'd say good luck but I'm against you, so hopefully it's entertaining.

Also giving Rakim Cleveland a look...I really know close to zero about these fighters and am learning on the fly, but what is special about Grishin? It looks like striker vs striker but Cleveland is younger with more power, and there's no serious reason to favor Grishin unless he has grappling offense that I am unaware of.

i think Grishin is clearly the better and faster striker.. he also have some decent wins on his record unliky Rakim hwo have not beat a single good fighter despite being in the game for 10 years

I think the size advantage for Vinny is more significant than the damage taken by Halsey. Halse's wrestling will be neutralized somewhat against a bigger man and if he does get to the ground now he is in Vinny's world and risks getting submitted. Halsey has decent power, but Vinny's chin is decent and he's not afraid to kick.The three middleweights in Carvalho, Shelmenko & Salter that beat Halsey are better than Vinny in their respective divisions, but now this is up at LHW and I think that has to be taken into account. I assume you're thrilled though and made a significant bet on Halsey as an underdog? I'd say good luck but I'm against you, so hopefully it's entertaining.

I didn't make a significant bet...I just saw these and dabbled with a little bit of money for fun bc I don't know much about these guys.

Halsey has a bad reach + less strength advantage at this weight class to be sure, but he is 2-0 so far and the lower weight cut should help his chin. And it is a weird matchup, not sure whether Halsey stands and trades or tries to wrestle and risk getting subbed. But I think Halsey is the better overall fighter, and I like risking that he can overcome the size disparity at +odds.

i think Grishin is clearly the better and faster striker.. he also have some decent wins on his record unliky Rakim hwo have not beat a single good fighter despite being in the game for 10 years

Yusupov was -800...how does that not qualify as a good fighter that he has beat? That is better than any of Grishin's recents wins.

I didn't make a significant bet...I just saw these and dabbled with a little bit of money for fun bc I don't know much about these guys.

Halsey has a bad reach + less strength advantage at this weight class to be sure, but he is 2-0 so far and the lower weight cut should help his chin. And it is a weird matchup, not sure whether Halsey stands and trades or tries to wrestle and risk getting subbed. But I think Halsey is the better overall fighter, and I like risking that he can overcome the size disparity at +odds.
I can't knock the play at + money, I was initially leaning Halsey until I saw the weigh-in and recalled how hard Halsey's previous fight was and changed my mind. I think Vinny might end up in the final though so I am sticking with him here.

he did not really beat him.. it was an injury

He broke his jaw. If you punch a guy hard enough in the face to break his jaw that just as easily could have been a KO. Don’t see any strong reason to take away points just bc the guy was conscious

Back