Professional Armwrestling: Long awaited clash of Larratt and Cyplenkov is finally happening

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Cyplenkov and Larratt are considered the best of the best professional arm-wrestlers in the world but they never had a chance to compete in the past.

This will be the biggest and most expensive event. Ever.

2IHnNdLLfkg.jpg

Last edited:
How much money do you make as a top arm wrestler?
Enough to be a pro?

Champions make around $5-25k per event. Depends how big it is and they are held fairly often across the world be it Europe or US.

Armwrestling always was a spare time job rather than full time. John Brzenk for instance was a jet engineer in addition to arm-wrestling and in his prime he always streamrolled everyone.

Last edited:
Armwrestling always was a spare time job rather than full time. John Brzenk for instance was a jet engineer in addition to arm-wrestling and in his prime he always streamrolled everyone.

Yep. Former Champion Lincoln Hawk was a struggling trucker who arm wrestles on the side to make extra cash while trying to rebuild his life.

A Sunday school teacher I had back in middle school had a son that was a professional arm wrestler.

He came into class one day wearing a necklace that had his nickname on it: "hooker". He said his nickname came about because he would hook his opponents' wrist.

I was that small kid in PE class could do a ton of chin-ups, but didn't care about organized sports.

Anywho, one Sunday school class, we all spent arm-wrestling. I beat a handful of classmates and he told me I had potential.

Every blue moon I wonder about how much money I could have made as a professional arm-wrestler.

In today's modern media, do those guys get decent sponsors?

A Sunday school teacher I had back in middle school had a son that was a professional arm wrestler.

He came into class one day wearing a necklace that had his nickname on it: "hooker". He said his nickname came about because he would hook his opponents' wrist.

I was that small kid in PE class could do a ton of chin-ups, but didn't care about organized sports.

Anywho, one Sunday school class, we all spent arm-wrestling. I beat a handful of classmates and he told me I had potential.

Every blue moon I wonder about how much money I could have made as a professional arm-wrestler.

Event sponsorship + purse only. If you are on the top u get the most.

You would have rocked’em brother. No doubt in my mind.

yea, i havent really followed since the lincoln hawk days. the sport needs someone like that to get people back into it

I have been waiting years for this! Thank you so much for the good news. Im rooting for Laratt but I just can't see him taking cyplenkov

Cool. Armwrestling is kind of fun to watch on occasion although I don't follow it that closely.

Is Cyplenkov's brute strength still too much for anyone? I saw a vid Cyplenkov training with Klokov and he didn't look as imposing as he did a few years ago.

It goes without saying that these A level athletes would dominate MMA but chose a more lucrative career path instead.

Cool.

So who's the favourite? I haven't heard anything about the armwrestling scene in years, other than that Larratt seemed to turn into a pretty big deal a while back. Haven't heard anything about Cyplenkov at all- figured he'd retired.

Are they still even considered two of the absolute top wrestlers* in the world, or is this more like a Liddell-Silva type match?

*Or are they called pullers? I'm so bad with the terminology.

Been looking forward to this for a few years. Larratt has serious technical skills, enough to beat Denis, for sure.

Dream come true that this contest has been arranged.

Can't wait for the showdown.

is Devon highly rated in armwrestling, in this video he almost lost to some random girl?

go to 38:58

is Devon highly rated in armwrestling, in this video he almost lost to some random girl?

go to 38:58

Damn this man must really suck. Imagine losing to a woman HAHAHA <Lmaoo>

Back