Probiotics & kombucha

Actually the role of gut bacteria and doing a screen of populations was proposed by a British researcher in the 70s. I don't remember his last name ... Jeremy somethingorother from the University of Sheffield. He spoke at one of our KOL group meetings when we were forming a micro-biome pharma startup.

Some bacterial colonies are killed off (reduced in number) through a virus. You can't eat your way back to these populations. Crohn's disease is one. These folks are missing three types of bacteria. One form of treatment that has a high success rate is familial fecal transplant --- it's exactly what it sounds like. There is a purification step but it's delivered through a tube run through the nose to the intestine.

You won't have to search very hard. Try the national cancer institute. These aren't goofy pseudo-science papers and resources.

The epidemiological evidence links H.Pylori bacteria to fermented and grilled foods. That gut bacteria is found in high counts in Koreans and central/easter Europeans (sauerkraut, pickles and beats anyone?).

Thanks for the info on the cancer stuff, will check it out.

The research you describe with cleansing fecal matters is recent from what I've read, so you're saying that's not the case? Or maybe it is "known" for quite some time but only being studied recently?

Thanks for the info on the cancer stuff, will check it out.

The research you describe with cleansing fecal matters is recent from what I've read, so you're saying that's not the case? Or maybe it is "known" for quite some time but only being studied recently?

The micro-biome stuff has been investigated since the 70s. The ability to do screens of thousands of bacterial strains is relatively new (<12yrs). The identification of 3 missing bacteria populations in Crohn's is at least 7 yrs old and so is the familial fecal transplant.

a quick search of Google Scholar shows a BMJ article documenting fecal transplant in 2004. So the procedure is at least 12 yrs old.

I read that some people with an unhealthy gi tract will actually have a fecal transplant from a healthy donor, and that there are freeze dried poop pills you can take to improve the number of healthy bacteria in your gut. Can you actually eat shit and thrive?

Would you eat crap to improve your health or athletic performance?

I read that some people with an unhealthy gi tract will actually have a fecal transplant from a healthy donor, and that there are freeze dried poop pills you can take to improve the number of healthy bacteria in your gut. Can you actually eat shit and thrive?

Would you eat crap to improve your health or athletic performance?

Familial fecal transplants for very serious and clinically diagnosed health conditions, not to used as PEDs.

I read that poop pills are being tested as a weight loss supplement.
Eating fresh poop works better. You get stomach flu and then bam you've lost 5-10 pounds in 2-3 days. Can't beat it.

i take a lot of prebiotics fibre. its processed though, from fruits.
after eating it, i have been shitting a lot more regularly...

I watched a BBC documentary a while back, don't remember the name, they did a test on a bunch of volunteers to test probiotics vs prebiotics. Prebiotics are basically foods that promote the growth of the good bacteria that already exist in your gut. They measured who had gained the most good bacteria at the end of the test. The prebiotic group was a big winner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back