Prisoners (2013) Revisited

J

John Wang

Just watched this movie again. Dominant as fuck and Hugh Jackman was dominant in it!

prisoners-poster06.jpg

Who here has seen it? What are your thoughts?

Thank

Great film. I haven't seen it in a couple years though. I think I'm due for another viewing.

But yes, Jackman and Jake were great in it.

Great movie, entertaining, high quality, great writing

I like the moral ambiguity of jackmans actions with the retarded dude that kidnapped the kid. Where he did kidnap his kid and wouldn't tell him where the kid was, but he didn't fully understand what he was doing

For the record, I would torture a whole village if it would help me find a kidnapped family member, so I empathize with Hugh jackmans character, but I also felt bad for the tortured dude

Only bad part was Jake's stupid haircut. No fuckin cop would look like that, shit was distracting

movie-review-prisoners-jake-gyllenhaal.jpg

Great movie, entertaining, high quality, great writing

I like the moral ambiguity of jackmans actions with the retarded dude that kidnapped the kid. Where he did kidnap his kid and wouldn't tell him where the kid was, but he didn't fully understand what he was doing

For the record, I would torture a whole village if it would help me find a kidnapped family member, so I empathize with Hugh jackmans character, but I also felt bad for the tortured dude
I didn't think it was creepy guy who did the kidnapping. Now I have to watch it again and see who is right. Either way if one of my kids was kidnapped I can't imagine the headlines not comparing me to the Punisher.

Only bad part was Jake's stupid haircut. No fuckin cop would look like that, shit was distracting

movie-review-prisoners-jake-gyllenhaal.jpg

He was a detective. There are plenty of detectives that look grimey as shit, bruh. Ice T wears chains and has a pony tail in law and order

I didn't think it was creepy guy who did the kidnapping. Now I have to watch it again and see who is right. Either way if one of my kids was kidnapped I can't imagine the headlines not comparing me to the Punisher.

I have t seen it since it was available for pirating released on DVD/blu ray, but if I remember correctly, the creepy dude brought them back in the RV that he cruised around in. I think it was unclear whether he knew what would happen to them or he was so impaired that he didn't realize it was kidnapping. Then he told wolverine some hint that told him he knew where the kid was, which is what sparked him to go for vigilante justice

At that point in the movie it looked like the guy was taunting, but later revelations seemed more like he was trying to tell Logan where they were

Any movie where Paul Dano gets beaten up, tortured, or killed is a 10/10 in my book.

@GODZILLA213 yeah it was this scene that told the audience it was the creepy guy who picked them up. At that point in the movie it seemed like he was taunting, but once you understand the character, he was probably trying to tell him what was going on or comfort him about the girls

Very well done ambiguity that allows the audience to reinterpret portions of the story

I have t seen it since it was available for pirating released on DVD/blu ray, but if I remember correctly, the creepy dude brought them back in the RV that he cruised around in. I think it was unclear whether he knew what would happen to them or he was so impaired that he didn't realize it was kidnapping. Then he told wolverine some hint that told him he knew where the kid was, which is what sparked him to go for vigilante justice

At that point in the movie it looked like the guy was taunting, but later revelations seemed more like he was trying to tell Logan where they were
I thought the person who kidnapped him also snagged the girl. That's why he knew about her.
Any movie where Paul Dano gets beaten up, tortured, or killed is a 10/10 in my book.
Does he appear in a movie where that doesn't happen?

He has a very punchable face, so I know what you mean.

Good movie... but I thought the 'shower torture' set up was so goofy and unneeded.
Not so much the torture part of it, but the explanation Jackman gives.
He's standing outside of the closed in shower (where the 'bad guy' is locked in).
He says something like "I rigged the water heater to shoot out hot water with this valve and cold water with this valve"... and he shows his friend two different faucet valves.

It was hilarious because you don't need to rig a water heater to give out hot water.... that's what it does. And the water heater main has nothing to do with cold water. A faucet handle allows you to intermingle the cold main with the hot water line... letting you adjust how hot or cold you want the water.

Dumb, pointless dialogue that didn't need to be in there.

Good movie... but I thought the 'shower torture' set up was so goofy and unneeded.
He's standing outside of the closed in shower (where the 'bad guy' is locked in).
He says something like "I rigged the water heater to shoot out hot water with this valve and cold water with this valve"... and he shows his friend two different faucet valves.

It was hilarious because you don't need to rig a water heater to give out hot water.... that's what it does. And the water heater main has nothing to do with cold water. A faucet handle allows you to intermingle the cold main with the hot water line... letting you adjust how hot or cold you want the water.

RtgkGnx.gif

Thanks, Plumber Joe.

I liked the movie other than the part where the dude chokes the dog.

That's every movie he's in. Even Cusack beat him to tears with a guitar in that Beach Boys movie.

I loved Prisoners. I have seen it a few times (3?), but not in at least 2 years. It was very well done and thought-provoking, too.

Not physically, but he gets it in that one too.
Does he appear in a movie where that doesn't happen?

He has a very punchable face, so I know what you mean.
YOUTH is the only time I've seen his character not take one hard in the shorts. He does get an ill clapback by a hot woman who later is nekkid, so there's that.

Back