Prison sentences in the US compared to other countries

let's make everywhere Norway.
that dude that killed 70kids is asking for the latest version of playstation so he can play games well, or it's a human rights abuse.

Norway has a much lower recidivism rate than we do so they are doing something better than us.

Norway has a much lower recidivism rate than we do so they are doing something better than us.

The problem is that even after you do your time and pay your debt to society you are generally still fucked for life if you are branded as a felon. Many avenues are now closed to you which leads people back towards shady shit.

This is likely what will happen to @TheComebackKid s family members who are incarcerated even though they are innocent and didn’t do anything wrong.

The problem is that even after you do your time and pay your debt to society you are generally still fucked for life if you are branded as a felon. Many avenues are now closed to you which leads people back towards shady shit.

This is likely what will happen to @TheComebackKid s family members who are incarcerated even though they are innocent and didn’t do anything wrong.

I don't know the backstory re @TheComebackKid

I don't know the backstory re @TheComebackKid

Oh well I’m addition to him claiming that black people were the original inhabitants of North America and all European royalty was black and nobody knows because it’s all been hidden, he thinks that prisons are just modern day slavery and claims to have family member in prison who do t deserve to be there.

But again in this thread if you follow his posts it seems like he thinks all rules and laws are bullshit so they shouldn’t apply to him and his family.

But he’s also a flat earther so we can’t really take anything he says seriously.

How many countries simply don't admit/discuss/reveal their prison statistics like the US does?

People gave themselves the right to make laws over me? You force me to give you my money, restrict and regulate my movement, control my property and land, and give me a ton of arbitrary rules to follow all at the threat of being made an indentured servent. And you justify that by saying 'well, we the people decided duh".

That sounds like oppression to me.

Society has collectively decided how things are to be, yes. You already know this.

Make a point instead. How do you propose that a society is handled instead? Your shtick of arguing without presenting a different solution doesn't hold up.

Well, in general I wish our criminal justice system was reformed. I suspect we imprison people that are not a large threat to society. I wish other methods outside of prison could be used to "reform" or how ever it is phrased could be done.

I know the simple answer though that most American's will give. Beginning in the 1960s the rate of crime greatly increased. To combat this, in the 80s tougher criminal laws were passed. It resulted in more Americans being in prison. It also resulted in less crime in America. I can imagine most Americans then will say there isn't a need for big changes in reforming our criminal justice system since crime is down.

Society has collectively decided how things are to be, yes. You already know this.

Make a point instead. How do you propose that a society is handled instead? Your shtick of arguing without presenting a different solution doesn't hold up.

That is a fallacy. The same one we run into when discussing scientific theories. I don't need to offer an alternative model in order to point out that the current one is flawed...and evil. My whole point is that the current system and country is set up to enslave. And your counter to that is "well, the people support it and I think it's the best model we have so it's justified"

The only alternative that will work is to follow the laws of the Most High and return all lands to their original owners and stop all exploitation of the Most High's children. Doing so will remove the curses from your house and your children. Failing to do so will lead to complete and total calamity. Of course for the West, including Hebrews like myself, such a drastic change would mean an extreme loss in quality of life at least in regards to comforts and luxury.

So I fully understand why that's not an option for many of you especially for the the NPC's of the US...which is like 90% of you. I understand why you would justify literally anything, including murder and conquest, in order to hold on to your way of life. You would never ever give it up no matter how much evil it takes to maintain it. Even someone like me with increased understanding and revelation I can't fathom what the world would actually look like and the trials and adjustments we would all have to go through. But when it comes to the Most High's decress none of that matters. At some point America will be brought down and given back to it's original owners no matter what we think or can imagine. And His people will be set free no matter what laws you the people come up with.

Outside of that one thing that could realistically be done is a drastic scale back in domestic laws, police intervention, prison sentences, taxes, military footprint, the controlling of other countries, resources, and peoples. Stuff like that.

Last edited:
Oh well I’m addition to him claiming that black people were the original inhabitants of North America and all European royalty was black and nobody knows because it’s all been hidden, he thinks that prisons are just modern day slavery and claims to have family member in prison who do t deserve to be there.

But again in this thread if you follow his posts it seems like he thinks all rules and laws are bullshit so they shouldn’t apply to him and his family.

But he’s also a flat earther so we can’t really take anything he says seriously.

Yesterday evening I saw you make a post claiming that I was spending my night posting on Sherdog because I'm pathetic, lonely, and mentally ill. Well as I get out of my crowded bed climbing over wife and kiddos, after a night spent with friends and family, and on my way to my own job at my own company I see that you spent your night posting furious insults and lies about myself, my family, and my beliefs.

Hope the irony isn't lost you.

that dude that killed 70kids is asking for the latest version of playstation so he can play games well, or it's a human rights abuse.

Lol. I thought you were joking until I looked it up.

I'd be happy to educate him on human rights abuse.

That is a fallacy. The same one we run into when discussing scientific theories. I don't need to offer an alternative model in order to point out that the current one is flawed...and evil. My whole point is that the current system and country is set up to enslave. And your counter to that is "well, the people support it and I think it's the best model we have so it's justified"

The only alternative that will work is to follow the laws of the Most High and return all lands to their original owners and stop all exploitation of the Most High's children. Doing so will remove the curses from your house and your children. Failing to do so will lead to complete and total calamity. Of course for the West, including Hebrews like myself, such a drastic change would mean an extreme loss in quality of life at least in regards to comforts and luxury.

So I fully understand why that's not an option for many of you especially for the the NPC's of the US...which is like 90% of you. I understand why you would justify literally anything, including murder and conquest, in order to hold on to your way of life. You would never ever give it up no matter how much evil it takes to maintain it. Even someone like me with increased understanding and revelation I can't fathom what the world would actually look like and the trials and adjustments we would all have to go through. But when it comes to the Most High's decress none of that matters. At some point America will be brought down and given back to it's original owners no matter what we think or can imagine. And His people will be set free no matter what laws you the people come up with.

It's just stupid to keep asking questions to which you already know the answer, so in order to not be utterly pointless you need to advance the discussion by stating what you think should be the alternative.

It's not the same as the scientific discussions because then we all know you're a hypocrite. First you desperately avoid to explain your arguments fully (kinds, for example) and you also ask for more evidence for scientific theories while believing in magic without requiring any relevant supporting facts.

As for following the laws of your god, the Bible clearly states that there is no governing authority that's not appointed by god, so you need to obey them. It was stated about the Romans, who ruled over conquered people that didn't enjoy citizen rights. If they should just accept Roman rule you have no room to complain about your situation according to that book.

Of course Christians only seem to care about the word of god when it's convenient so I'm not surprised.

Outside of that one thing that could realistically be done is a drastic scale back in domestic laws, police intervention, prison sentences, taxes, military footprint, the controlling of other countries, resources, and peoples. Stuff like that.

You aren’t a Hebrew, you’re a black dude from America. Nothing wrong with that but a Hebrew you are not.

I think the US is the middle ground. You are comparing the US to probably a very liberal country that you didn't even name or provide statistics for. On the other hand, compare the US to basically all of the Middle East and Asia, and the US will look quite nice.
Ok. Take out third world countries though and you're at the lower end of the civilised world.

It always is a bit sad when you wanna compare the great nation of murica to third world uncivilized shit pipes.

Ok. Take out third world countries though and you're at the lower end of the civilised world.

It always is a bit sad when you wanna compare the great nation of murica to third world uncivilized shit pipes.

well, it is either comparing the US to third world countries, or countries that jail people for posting stuff on facebook and don't allow their citizens to own guns or even knives. So again, I think we are a fair middle ground.

edit: and I don't think China and Taiwan are very third world. Or places like Iran or Dubai (UAE).

also, restricting rights like guns, speech, knives, is basically policing people before things even happen. It is basically saying they don't trust their citizens. So you can either have rights with heavier consequences, or have less rights with less consequences because everything is already policed.

Last edited:
well, it is either comparing the US to third world countries, or countries that jail people for posting stuff on facebook and don't allow their citizens to own guns or even knives. So again, I think we are a fair middle ground.

edit: and I don't think China and Taiwan are very third world. Or places like Iran or Dubai (UAE).

also, restricting rights like guns, speech, knives, is basically policing people before things even happen. It is basically saying they don't trust their citizens. So you can either have rights with heavier consequences, or have less rights with less consequences because everything is already policed.

Don't you think a fairer comparison or one that you should aspire towards wouldn't be an ideal from a third world shit hole? Honestly I didn't mean anything bad about America. I love the place and half of your post is correct in that with these freedoms comes great responsibility.

But then you also have 25% of the world prison population.. that doesn't exactly go hand in hand with these freedoms you speak of.

I wish we didn't jail people for the crimes of expressing freedom of speech I really do. But people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Back